Intersect by Lexus is accepting applications for enthusiastic and experienced Baristas for full-time employment. Our Baristas must have a strong knowledge of specialty coffee and tea, as well as a desire to develop their craft.
Requirements and Skills:
- Familiarity with current trends in the specialty coffee and tea industry, i.e. origin profiles, coffee processing methods, proper espresso extraction, single origin espresso, brew ratios, nitro cold brew
- Must possess passion for coffee and ability to prepare classic espresso beverages
- Must be comfortable dialing in espresso and have the ability to pull great shots consistently
- Must have genuine interest in interacting with guests and creating regulars
- Must be comfortable handling credit cards; we are a cash-free establishment
- Derives pleasure from providing hospitality
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Excellent Emotional Self Awareness under pressure while maintaining a graceful, warm presence
- Curious Intelligence to continue learning in the position
- Open availability and a career mentality
Medical/dental/vision, paid time off, matching 401K, access to USHG Learning and Development Training and Enrichment opportunities.
Other jobs you might be interested in
International / Fusion, New American, Asian, Latin American, European, South American, American
Restaurant Group, Upscale Casual, Casual Dining
Part of Union Square Hospitality Group
Intersect by Lexus is a unique, permanent space in select global cities where people can experience the ethos of the Lexus lifestyle without getting behind the steering wheel of one of our cars. Neither a dealership nor a traditional retail space, Intersect by Lexus is a place for guests to be entertained, inspired and educated. In Tokyo, Dubai and now New York, it serves as a creative space where ideas and people converge.
The third of its kind, Intersect by Lexus-NYC lives in the heart of the vibrant Meatpacking District and continues Lexus’ commitment to supporting innovation on a local, national and global level. As a lifestyle hub, the New York location merges innovative programming, culinary creativity and masterful design for an immersive cultural experience that spans across three floors.
This multifaceted business is composed of a fine dining restaurant and café managed by Danny Meyer's Union Square Hospitality Group and features a revolving cast of innovative and emerging global chefs.”