Prepares, seasons, and cooks food by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Carries pans, kettles, and trays of food to and from work stations, stove, and refrigerator
- Stores and dates foods in designated areas to be compliant with Board of Health standards
- Cleans work areas, equipment and utensils, segregates and removes garbage at end of shift
- Adjusts thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grill, roasters, and steam kettles
- Precisely measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe and chef’s standards
- Observes and tests foods being cooked by tasting, smelling, and piercing with fork to determine that it is cooked
- Carves meats, portions food on servings plates, adds gravies and sauces, and garnishes servings to fill orders
- Washes, peels, cuts and shreds vegetables and fruits to prepare them for use
- Fabricates meats, poultry and seafood to exact specifications as required for production
- Bakes bread, rolls, cakes and pastry
- Handles food properly according to Serve Safe regulations
- Attends required trainings and meetings
- Delivers an exceptional experience through outstanding hospitality and food service to the guests
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Continuous Learning - Seeks feedback to improve performance; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
- Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; requires minimal supervision
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs
- Communications - Exhibits good listening and comprehension
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Ethics - Works with integrity and principles
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction
- Judgement - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; uses equipment and materials properly
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Serve Safe recommended
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; the employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Advanced Knife Handling
Food Safety Knowledge
General knife handling
Other jobs you might be interested in
Casual Dining, Bar / Lounge, Restaurant Group, Upscale Casual
Part of City Tap House
OUR FOOD PHILOSOPHY
In our kitchen, craft comes first. Like beer slowly fermenting in a tank, our food is prepared with equal parts precision and patience. Lead by Executive Chef, Ian Branning our menu blends personal expertise with regional traditions to make something daring and refreshing.
Our cajun styled spicy Shrimp and Grits , tangy Whipped Ricotta, and spicy-sweet Ten-Spice Wings, are only a taste of what City Tap House offers. From brick-oven pizzas, to mouth-watering burgers, to freshly caught fish — no matter what kind of diner you are, casual or adventurous, we guarantee we will satisfy your appetite.
We pride ourselves on locally sourced ingredients. Our chefs are experts in their craft and, like our favorite brewers, champion innovation, integrity and hard work in our kitchens. Above all, our goal is to see our food sit side by side with the craft beer we adore, letting food and beer elevate each other.