Job Description: Host
Report to: Floor Manager
The Host is responsible for initiating the Estiatorio Milos experience from the start by greeting and seating all guests.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Greet patrons as they enter an establishment, presents menus to guests
• Greets and seats guests, presents menus to guests
• Treats guests in a manner to ensure complete satisfaction
• Takes names on waiting list
• Ability to use discretion when seating to not overload FOH staff
• Observes tables to keep track of clean, dirty, and occupied tables
• Cleans, organizes, and stocks menus at host area
• Answers questions concerning the menu and restaurant
• Resolves customer requests and questions
• Interacts with guests as they leave the restaurant ensuring a positive dining experience
• Other duties as directed
QUALIFICATIONS & JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Previous experience as a Host/Hostess in a high-volume restaurant
• Provide impeccable customer service
• Maintain high-quality Service Standards, clean work habits with a great attention to detail
• Must have excellent verbal communication skills and can work a flexible schedule
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred but not required
• Must work well individually and as a team player
• Must be able to stand and walk for long shifts of 8-12 hours
Health Insurance and Commuter Benefits
Experience in a Fine Dining Establishment
Experience in a High Volume Environment
OpenTable or other
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Estiatorio Milos
Hudson Yards, is the largest private real estate development to date in North America, quite literally changing the landscape of New York City and the culinary world. The dining collection, co-curated by Chef Thomas Keller, features some of the most iconic names in the culinary world. It’s therefore no surprise estiatorio Milos has been tapped as one of two Flagship Fine dining restaurants.
The bi-level space is home to Milos Hudson Yards, featuring an open kitchen, private dining rooms, walls of glass overlooking the Hudson River, and a spectacular outdoor terrace.Unique design elements include glass-enclosed seafood coolers, putting yourcatch on display, and an expansive international wine collection visible behind the bar.
Assyrtiko Wine Bar is a new expression of the Milos brand. Residing on its own level within the restaurant, we feature Greek wines by the glass and bottle, signature and unique small format cuisine, and a full spirits program. During the day, a Greek yogurt bar, made to order food, proprietary coffee, and pastries are available for dine-in or to-go. Signature packaged ingredients such as olive oil, honey and sea salts are available for those who wish to experience Milos quality any time, anywhere.