• Responding to guest requests and complaints in a prompt and professional manner
• Making appropriate service recovery gestures according to established guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction
• Caring for our guests through a hospitable presence on the floor and through coaching of the management and dining room staff
• Supporting our staff through appropriate management and supervision to include scheduling, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and counseling employees; addressing employee concerns and resolving issues
• Maintain staffing guide for all FOH positions
• Involvement in the recruitment and new hire process to include interviewing, recruiting, and training new employees
• Aid in coaching and managing the front door team to ensure smooth service at all points in the dining experience
• Create staff training manuals and adhere to all estiatorio Milos policies
• Identifying and recognizing regular patrons to develop repeat business
• New hire procedure including: orientation, culture and core values, safety training, service standards, restaurant policies and procedures, point of sale system for line staff and managers
• Managing various operational permits
• Ensuring Department of Health compliance
• Monitoring and maintaining procedures to ensure the security and proper storage of event inventory and equipment. Replenishing supplies, inventory, uniforms, etc. in a timely manner and minimizing the misuse and breakage of china, glassware, linen, and supplies
• Exhibiting willingness to assist event staff with their job functions during peak periods
The ideal candidate will have the following:
• 1-2 years previous service or supervisory experience at an operation with similar service, guest relation and operational standards
• Having directly supervised at least 30 employees
• General knowledge of wines and spirits including technical and service aspects is preferred
• General knowledge of food preparation methods and culinary terminology
• Ability to use Windows, Excel, Open Table, Micros, Avero and basic database programs. Basic understanding of the operating systems used on a PC type computer
• Must be fluent in English and helpful to be conversational in Spanish, French or Italian
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business documents, safety rules, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations
• Ability to compose reports, business correspondence, task lists and procedure manuals
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, team members and guests in a professional manner
• Ability to apply creative solutions to practical problems and situations where limited standardization exists
• Ability to remain flexible in determining a variety of problem solving approaches
• The ability to carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company philosophy, policies and applicable laws
The physical demands described here are representative of those that are to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
Estiatorio Milos is an EEO Employer
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Estiatorio Milos
Hudson Yards, is the largest private real estate development to date in North America, quite literally changing the landscape of New York City and the culinary world. The dining collection, co-curated by Chef Thomas Keller, features some of the most iconic names in the culinary world. It’s therefore no surprise estiatorio Milos has been tapped as one of two Flagship Fine dining restaurants.
The bi-level space is home to Milos Hudson Yards, featuring an open kitchen, private dining rooms, walls of glass overlooking the Hudson River, and a spectacular outdoor terrace.Unique design elements include glass-enclosed seafood coolers, putting yourcatch on display, and an expansive international wine collection visible behind the bar.
Assyrtiko Wine Bar is a new expression of the Milos brand. Residing on its own level within the restaurant, we feature Greek wines by the glass and bottle, signature and unique small format cuisine, and a full spirits program. During the day, a Greek yogurt bar, made to order food, proprietary coffee, and pastries are available for dine-in or to-go. Signature packaged ingredients such as olive oil, honey and sea salts are available for those who wish to experience Milos quality any time, anywhere.