We are currently accepting resumes for an ambitious and highly experienced Assistant General Manager to join Damian’s management team.
Opening in early 2020, Damian is the anticipated restaurant by internationally acclaimed chef partners Enrique Olvera and Daniela Soto-Innes along with restaurateur Santiago Perez. Located in Los Angeles’ burgeoning Arts District, Damian is rooted in Mexican flavors and traditions while celebrating the ingredients and vibrant culture of Los Angeles.
The Assistant General Manager is responsible and accountable for all restaurant activities, and assumes complete responsibility for the restaurant as necessary.
Responsibilities Include :
- Consistently provides a quality product and guest service experience that delivers total guest satisfaction.
- Maintains restaurant at the level necessary to meet or exceed the company standards for Quality, Food, Service and Cleanliness.
- Utilizes labor effectively to meet budgets while ensuring high quality of service
- Prepare weekly payroll by editing time records/ punch edit sheets, and review and reconcile tip sheets
- Responsible for managing the full cycle recruitment process , and training , developing , coaching and mentoring staff
- Oversees all safety programs and insures complete compliance for a safe work environment.
- Evaluates employee performance based on clearly communicated standards and expectation
- Holds employees accountable for performance standards .
- Maximizes financial performance and profit.
- Develops and executes a business plan (key elements include: fiscal responsibilities, labor forecasting, cost control, community donations, and profitability) for the restaurant.
- Achieves results by planning, communicating, delegating and following up.
- Serves as a role model and sets a positive example for the entire team in all aspects of business and personnel management.
- Enforces all labor laws (federal, state and local).
- Upholds company food safety, food handling and sanitation requirements, to ensure the health and safety of our employees, customers and business
Experience & Skills
- Proficient computers skills ( Microsoft Office)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bi-lingual English / Spanish a plus
- High school diploma or GED required
- College degree preferable
- 2-3 years in a similar AGM Role
- Manager Food Safety certification
- Ability to work a variable schedule, including weekends, and shifts from morning through late night
About ATM Group
ATM Group is the award winning hospitality company led by chefs Enrique Olvera and Daniela Soto-Innes along business partner Santiago Perez and architect Alonso de Garay. The restaurant group currently includes Cosme, the #1 restaurant in the United States on the 2019 World’s 50 Best list, and sister restaurant ATLA in New York City. By 2020, Olvera, Soto-Innes and Perez will debut three new restaurants on the West Coast including Damian restaurant and Ditroit taqueria in Los Angeles and a forthcoming restaurant in Las Vegas.