Synopsis: The Chef holds a full-time position that oversees all culinary services of the Inn at Grace Winery. Responsible for purchasing and inventories of all raw ingredients as well as small kitchen ware. Oversees maintenance of the kitchen and its equipment. Prepares menus instructed by BEOs and oversee and providing property training of all kitchen staff.
- Create menus for events, breakfast and other culinary services
- Menus will be seasonal and meet the standard set by the Inn at Grace Winery management
- Cooking to the Grace Winery standard: We look to create an experience for each and every guest visiting the farm. When we cook, we have a focus on local, seasonal, fresh and the farm to table ideals. From the mornings eggs to the meats selected for dinner, we put creativity, passion and quality into everything we do.
- Maintaining, receiving and stocking all needed inventory
- Maintain tidy and organized stock of purchased items
- Operates kitchen in compliance with Department of Health standards
- Take inventory on monthly basis
- Provide ideas to management for promotional dinners and expanded services
- Attend bi-weekly management meetings
- Operate and perform to all criteria set forth by upper management
The Inn at Grace Winery is a small family style team, as such we require all team member to follow the standard set. We look to achieve the best possible result in each endeavor, look for the best approaches and solution to issues, and create a positive and energizing work environment through our words and actions.
Direct Report: Director of Sales and Events & General Manager
Other jobs you might be interested in
Boutique Hotel, Bed & Breakfast, Limited-Service Hotel
The Inn at Grace Winery is a tranquil haven situated on thirty acres in the historic Brandywine Valley. Our original Quaker farmhouse dates to 1734 and the Hemphill family. Fast forward to today, and this fifty room Inn also grows and produces estate wine. The tasting room is open to the public most weekends, in the renovated 1750's barn.