HPH Hospitality Group is seeking professional BARTENDER for our flagship restaurant HARRY'S located at One Hanover Square in the Financial District of NYC. As a member of Harry’s, you will be held to the highest of standards and values. We are looking for polished and engaging hospitality professionals to join our team. Strong wine, service and food knowledge are musts for the BARTENDER position, as well as fluency in spirits and craft cocktails. If you genuinely care about taking care of people and want to work with a team that truly enjoys going to work every day, Harry’s is for you.
We take any additions to our team very seriously.
As a Harry’s team member you are expected to be:
This is of utmost importance, as the restaurant industry can be very unpredictable. Be willing to do what is asked of you to benefit the Restaurant as a whole, even if it isn’t exactly outlined in this job description or your expected schedule. Being available on weekends its a must.
- Positive, personable, and open-minded
As we all work closely together, we always want to bring positive energy on the floor.
- Hard-working and self-motivated
There may not be supervision or direction available at all times, so we expect you to maintain high standards for yourself without needing to be told. Being professional is doing your job even if no one is watching.
- Punctual and responsible
We hold each other accountable to follow through on all commitments with a sense of urgency.
We are known for exceptional customer service in all of our pursuits, and it is your job to uphold these high standards, anticipate the guests needs and to find ways to go above and beyond the client's expectations and create memorable experiences.
As a BARTENDER at Harry’s you are expected to:
- Establish yourself as a Role Model and Leader for all staff in the restaurant by being an expert on the food, beverage and service standards, teaching and mentoring support staff and holding yourself accountable to the policies and values of HPH Hospitality Group.
- Guide guests through their dining experience by describing the cuisine, seamlessly accommodating special requests, allergies and dietary restrictions and enlightening them on unique ingredients, fine wine, spirits and cocktails.
- Manage the pace and sequence of the dining experience by appropriate coursing, firing and clearing through proper communication and delegation to your support staff of the steps of service.
- Pursue personal growth and current industry knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures.
- Enhance Harry’s work environment and culture by accepting importance of your role in the restaurant exploring opportunities to add value to your job accomplishments.
Classic Wine Service Knowledge
Craft Cocktail knowledge