We are looking to add great talent with a flexible schedule to our service team. Individuals who are passionate about local ingredients and interested in becoming part of a dynamic team are encouraged to submit an application here.
BACK WAITER JOB REQUIREMENTS
- One year of (New York) restaurant experience is preferred.
- Customer-oriented approach.
- Works well in team.
- Flexibility of schedule.
- Able to multitask in discrete time periods.
- Understanding of hygiene and food safety rules.
- A college degree is preferred; other relevant training and certificates will be considered a plus.
- The position requires manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills; and the ability to follow oral instructions.
The physical requirements described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be granted to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BACK WAITER JOB DUTIES
- Assist with the setup and breakdown of the restaurant area and movement spaces in accordance with the relevant checklists and established standards.
- Table maintenance: clear plates and glassware from tables, crumb between courses, patch spills and spots, maintain water levels, change tablecloths during Movements.
- Dining room maintenance: ensure the restaurant areas are kept tidy, clean, always with the appropriate mise-en-place and at the highest level.
- Accept guest requests and feedback and relay them to the appropriate team members.
- Complete necessary side work with efficiency during appropriate moments of service periods.
- Maintain consistent communication with relevant Front Waiters and Captains.
- Maintain the bakery experience both in the bakery and the dining room assisting with tableside bread service as needed.
- Establish an awareness of food and beverage menus at BHSB, paying particular attention to the information presented during pre-shift meetings / service and beverage classes, via ingredient one pagers, and exchanges amongst team members.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position and does not contain all of the essential requirements and functions of the position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This job description may be revised from time to time with or without notice.
Standard company benefits.
Other jobs you might be interested in
Farm To Table, New American
Part of Blue Hill Farm
Blue Hill at Stone Barns is regarded as one of the most exciting and innovative places to eat, cook, learn and explore, garnering widespread attention and accolades, including the James Beard award in 2015 for the Most Outstanding Restaurant in the US, and ranking among the World's 50 Best List.
Blue Hill at Stone Barns consistently attracts loyal, dedicated and curious employees. Please be one of them. As a member of our team, engage in unique learning experiences and be a part of a community that's pushing the boundaries of 'farm-to-table' dining.
Blue Hill at Stone Barns is looking for great people with passion.
We are a small family run company that began with Blue Hill Farm. Today we are two restaurants, a cafe, a catering business, and a marketplace. Chef Dan Barber and co-owners David and Laureen Barber, have cultivated a cutting edge farm-to-table dining experience that is actually a table in the middle of an 80 acre working farm. We are 30 miles from midtown Manhattan and yet it looks and feels like the rolling hills of Vermont. Come join us!