**Under new management!**
Title: LINE COOK
Reports to: Chef \ Kitchen Manager
Summary of Position:
Accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot or cold food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all plates.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Handles stores and rotates all products properly.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
- At least 6 months experience in a similar capacity.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
Based on experience
Advanced Knife Handling
Enforcement Of Safety / Sanitation Standards
Food Safety Knowledge
General knife handling
Other jobs you might be interested in
American, Comfort Food
Restaurant Group, Casual Dining
Part of Highland Hospitality Group
In 2011, the owner purchased a small restaurant and bar in Oreland. We closed the old restaurant for two months and re-opened it as Bernie's Pub. It was a hit from day one. We loved our Oreland family and for nearly four years they loved us right back. But Bernie's Pub, while nice, was small. The kitchen was tiny and seating was limited.
So one day, the owner saw a vacant site on the corner of Highland Avenue and Wharton Road in Glenside. To be totally honest, he passed it twice a day for 3 years before he had the bright idea that the site could be the new home for Bernie's. The site had a lot to offer...located in Glenside, the hometown of the owner; close to Jenkintown and the Old York Road corridor and a few blocks away from the Keswick Theater. So, it had it all! A phone call to the land owner later that day and year of planning, refining and building later, you have what you see now...Bernie's Restaurant and Bar in Glenside...a roughly 170-seat restaurant (including the patio seating). Glenside has now been open for over a year and has become a neighborhood staple.
Due to the huge success of our Glenside location, we were on the hunt to expand. We were approached about the former site of Cafe La Fontana and 58 York. We saw the great potential that the space had and couldn't resist! With almost double the space as our Glenside location, we had our work cut out for us and quickly got moving. On March 15th, 2017 the Hatboro location opened it's doors to the public after two and a half months of renovations.