New American restaurant in Lincoln Park with a seasonal menu and focus on acquiring the best, responsibly sourced, ingredients. Our goal is to create a welcoming and professional work environment that encourages company loyalty and diversity through our commitment to our employees wellbeing and success.
- Provide knowledgeable, efficient, and thoughtful service at all times.
- Complete knowledge of food and beverage menu items including the major components of a dish/drink; this may include ingredients and their source, simple descriptions of unfamiliar ingredients, preparation, and/or execution of correct food and beverage service.
- Adhere to all company service standards and protocols.
- Confident and correct use of POS system for order entry and payment processing.
- Ensure guest satisfaction by confirming food and beverage arrive to guests quickly and correctly.
- Ensure proper table maintenance, including water service, pre-bussing, etc.
- Set proper tableware for course changes.
- Communicate respectfully with all team members, front and back of house.
- Support team members in the completion of their duties to ensure satisfaction of all guests before, during, and after service.
- Engage management for any guest issue or complaint.
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of service tools and service areas.
- Stocking and preparing service related items.
- Adhere to grooming and dress code standards.
Skills & Requirements
- Passion for the service industry and enthusiasm to further food and beverage knowledge.
- Respectful of boundaries established by coworkers.
- Receptive to constructive criticism and performance feedback.
- Must possess exceptional work ethic, strong attention to detail, and a collaborative attitude.
- Ability to demonstrate quick thinking and adaptability in a constantly changing environment.
- Basic food and wine knowledge preferred.
- The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, frequently lifting up to 25 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Mundano reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Mundano or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Mundano is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage or citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.