The Floor Manager at Threes at Franklin + Kent is responsible for overseeing all front-of-house (FOH) operations in conjunction with the back-of-house (BOH) in the bar during opening, mid and closing shifts.
Being present on the floor, walking through the space, checking in on private and public events, reinforcing right practices and making sure staff has the necessary support to meet their responsibilities is a large part of this job, as is making sure customers are getting good service,through product and event education, staff accessibility and general hospitality.
- Oversee staff arrival and subsequent set up of bar and floor for service.
- Prepare and distribute register banks.
- Run pre-shift meeting and disseminate pertinent information regarding day-of happenings,menu and inventory updates, and upcoming events.
- Oversee regular service and make sure procedures and protocols are being followed.
- Walk throughout the space with an eye toward informing and assisting our clientele, maintaining general cleanliness, and aiding staff in the execution of their duties as necessary.
- Assist with the management, set-up and breakdown of reservations, public, and private events as needed.
- Enforce sanitary practices for Department of Health requirements and inspections, general cleanliness and maintenance of bar, dining and storage areas.
- Count cash drops and register banks as daytime employees closeout.
- Update menus and POS on an as-needed basis.
- Log notes for almanac and senior management team with event and service feedback to help fine tune Threes’ processes.
- Maintain awareness and expertise regarding Threes beers, all other beer, wine, liquor products that are carried in-house for the edification of staff and customers.
- Ensure safety & sanitation: DOH compliance in effect at all times.
- Ensure restaurant and bar is in complete compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Handle customer complaints.
- Observe employees to ensure the safe service of alcohol.
- Observe customers to ensure the safety of all around them.
- Maintain and troubleshoot of Breadcrumb POS hardware and software.
- Receive and organize bar and event deliveries.
- Manage POS menus, including input, archiving, daily changes.
- Send detailed manager log (AKA the Almanac) at the end of each shift, detailing key points from the day including revenue, beer info, attendance on events, personnel and customer details, etc.
Basic Floor Service
Classic Wine Service Knowledge
Craft Cocktail knowledge
Event Management / Organization