Kinship and Métier are the restaurants of James Beard Award Winner Chef Eric Ziebold. The restaurants are located in the Mount Vernon neighborhood of the city, in an historic building dating back to 1907. Kinship offers an exciting a la carte experience in a bustling setting with bar and lounge. Métier offers an intimate dining experience revolving around a seven course tasting menu in an 11 tables dining room. Both restaurants commit themselves to offer creative and contemporary American cuisine with a continued dedication to hospitality.
We are looking for a full time Host / Reservationist. The host and reservationist position requires a warm and caring personality, attention to detail and ability to multi-task and stay graceful under pressure, ability to recognize guests by name and remembering their preferences. A professional and groomed appearance is a must.
We are open daily for dinner. We offer a great working environment and a competitive benefit package with the following:
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Health Insurance Plan Coverage
- Access to voluntary dental and vision plans
- Weekly dry cleaning allowance for uniforms
- Most major holidays off
- Dining discounts at Kinship
- WMTA SmartBenefits Program
- Continued education with wine, spirits classes
- Complimentary daily staff meal
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please email your resume and a brief letter of interest. All positions require a flexible schedule and the ability to work on weekends and holidays.
More information on the restaurants here below:
- Kinship was awarded 3 stars from the Washington Post
- Metier was awarded 4 stars from the Washington Post: http://wapo.st/28P6t9z
- Both restaurants hold 1 Michelin Star each for 2017, 2018, 2019 guides
Health Benefits, Paid Time Off, Dining Discounts
Experience in a Fine Dining Establishment
OpenTable or other
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Restaurants by Chef Eric Ziebold
Acclaimed Washington D.C. and James Beard Award Winner Chef Eric Ziebold has opened two new restaurants since December 2015. Designed by Darryl Carter, Kinship, is located on the first floor of 1015 Seventh Street NW in an historic building dating back to 1907. A second restaurant, Metier, offers an intimate dining experience with 11 tables and partial views of the kitchen focusing around a tasting menu experience.
Both restaurants commit themselves to offer creative and contemporary American cuisine with a continued dedication to hospitality.
Kinship is Chef Ziebold’s vision of what the modern American restaurant can be and will offer an à la carte menu celebrating the rich diversity of influences that have come to shape American cuisine. Kinship offers 66 seats and a 15 seat bar. Métier offers a bit more formality and a dining room seating only 36 guests.
Recent Praise and Recognition for Kinship and Métier:
* Kinship awarded One Michelin Start 201, 2018
* Métier awarded One Michelin Star 2018
* Métier named #1 Restaurant in Washington D.C., Washingtonian Magazine, February 2018
* Kinship rated 3 stars, Washington Post
* Métier rated 4 stars, Washington Post
Co Owner - Managing Partner