Hops Brewerytown is looking for a talented Executive Chef to join our team! We are looking for someone who is reliable and dependable with a passion for food and cooking.
- Plans menus for all food outlets in the restaurant
- Schedules and coordinates the work of chefs, cooks and other kitchen employees to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct and within budgeted labor cost goals
- Approves the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
- Establishes controls to minimize food supply waste and theft
- Safeguards all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles
- Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs; exercise portion control for all items served and assists in establishing menu selling prices
- Prepares necessary data for applicable parts of the budget; projects annual food, labor and other costs and monitors actual financial results; takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that financial goals are met.
- Attends food and beverage staff and management meetings
- Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation
- Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability
- Evaluates food products to assure that quality standards are consistently attained
- Perform other duties as directed
- Check and order inventory
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the kitchen
- Culinary degree preferred
- Flexible schedule is mandatory
- Prior experience in a fast paced environment a plus
- General mathematical skills
- Self-discipline, team player, initiative, leadership ability and outgoing
- Pleasant, polite manner and a neat and clean appearance
- Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure
- Excellent communication and team leadership
- Varies based on location and demand
Advanced Knife Handling
Culinary Menu / Recipe Development
Dough Making / Portioning
Enforcement Of Safety / Sanitation Standards
Other jobs you might be interested in
Casual Dining, Restaurant Group, Gastro Pub
Part of Highland Hospitality Group
Hops is located in the Brewerytown section of Philadelphia. With an upscale, casual vibe & an approachable menu, Hops is the perfect place to enjoy a post work happy hour, a dinner with the family or a relaxing weekend brunch with friends. We will be opening in April 2019 & are looking for great people to join our team!