Hops Brewerytown is looking for a talented Sous Chef to join our team! We are looking for someone who is reliable and dependable with a passion for food and cooking.
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers, and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and bring suggestions for improvement.
- Assist to conduct employment interviews, performance appraisals and administer rewards and discipline as necessary.
- Assist to coach and motivate team members to foster ongoing development and help them reach their potential
- Assist with inventory control and ordering food/supplies.
- Assist with the anticipation and forecasting of events, holiday and planned activities that have the potential to impact business and adjust menu offerings, labor ad production pars accordingly.
- Conduct continuous daily inspections and testing of all food products to ensure that company standards of uniformity and quality are met.
- Ensure that all federal, state, local, and Company regulations and standards for product freshness, safety, refrigeration, sanitation and weights and measures are met.
- Help to establish presentation technique and quality standards for all menu items and for food production practices
- Rotate food selections regularly based on season, holiday, product availability, merchandising mix and demand for wellness and vegetarian options
- Additional duties are assigned
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the kitchen
- Culinary degree preferred
- Flexible schedule is mandatory
- Prior experience in a fast paced environment a plus
- Self-discipline, team player, initiative, leadership ability and outgoing
- Pleasant, polite manner and a neat and clean appearance
- Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure
- Varies based on location and demand
Other jobs you might be interested in
Casual Dining, Restaurant Group, Gastro Pub
Part of Highland Hospitality Group
Hops is located in the Brewerytown section of Philadelphia. With an upscale, casual vibe & an approachable menu, Hops is the perfect place to enjoy a post work happy hour, a dinner with the family or a relaxing weekend brunch with friends. We will be opening in April 2019 & are looking for great people to join our team!