BUB CITY is hiring SERVERS for our DINING ROOM team!
NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
BBQ, Whiskey and the Best of Country Music
Live music, authentic BBQ, genuine hospitality and over 125 whiskeys - right in downtown Chicago
Caring. Creative. Careers.
Join the Lettuce Entertain You family! Our 100+ restaurants are nationally recognized for great food and service and as great places to work. We hire and care deeply for people with creativity, passion and the drive to be the best. And we reward our teams with top notch benefits, career-long training and development and opportunities for growth.
Is this you?
- You take care of yourself. (Energy and stamina. You'll need both.)
- You care for others. (Teamwork and success. They are one and the same.)
- You care about guests. (Quality. The bar is high.)
If you want a career at a progressive company with a long-standing commitment to people, join our caring and creative team.
EOE. We participate in E-Verify / Participamos en E-Verify
Responsible for exceeding guests' expectations by providing efficient, friendly guest service. Teamwork, enthusiasm, food and wine knowledge, the ability to multi-task and a high energy level are necessary for success in this position.
- Accurately record and account for all items ordered, process payments, and balance all sales/receipts in compliance with restaurant policies and procedures
- Available to work a variety of hours, days and shifts, including weekends
- Effectively service a 3-6 table section
- Safely and effectively transport food or beverages to a table of three in a single trip
- Safely and effectively use and operate all necessary tools and equipment
- Ability to effectively communicate in order to perform and follow job requirements in written and spoken direction
- Ability to multi-task calmly and effectively in a busy, stressful environment
- Work in a confined, crowded space of variable noise and temperature levels
- Able to move and lift up to 10 pounds, frequently move and/or lift up to 25 pounds, and occasionally move and/or lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand and walk for an entire shift and move safely through all areas of the restaurant, which may include stairs, uneven or slick surfaces
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure the overall guest experience exceeds expectations and anticipate guests' needs
- Greet guests with a warm, sincere smile
- Use tact and good judgement when dealing with guest challenges and respond to guest needs with patience and courtesy
- Understand and respond knowledgeably to questions about the restaurant and menu
- Use sales techniques to present and encourage current promotions to guests
- Follow all steps of service
- Understand and follow the food allergy procedure and special orders/restrictions
- Proficiency in the use and operation of all necessary tools and equipment, including the POS system and Frequent Diner, Gift Card and Credit Card terminals
- Comply with all safety and sanitation guidelines and procedures
- Successfully complete alcohol awareness training
- Follow all rules, policies, procedures and conditions of employment, including those outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Get along well with others and be a team player
- Other duties will be assigned as needed
Please see ad for details
Other jobs you might be interested in
Bar / Lounge, Casual Dining
Bub City: BBQ, Beer, Bourbon and the Best of Country Music
RJ, Jerrod and Molly Melman, in conjunction with Chef/Partner Doug Psaltis, have created their own destination for country music lovers to enjoy a cocktail, grab American-style food and have some fun.
With a nod to its roots as one of the city’s most beloved spots in the early 90’s, Psaltis created Bub City's new menu with a focus on authentic barbecue. Signature items include 18 hour Beef Brisket, Burnt Ends, Baby Back Ribs, Carolina Style Pulled Pork and Fried Chicken. Large groups can enjoy the “Whole Pork Picnic” featuring Slow-Smoked Pork Shoulder served with four sides.
Guests can enjoy starters such as “Giddy Up Fries,” Truckstop Cheese and Crakers, TNT Taquitos, Famous Fried Pickles, as well as variety of sandwiches. Southern-inspired side dishes such as: Sweet Potato Fluff, Buffalo Tots, Corn Off The Cob and three takes on Mac and Cheese round out the menu.
The weekend brings an impressive selection of brunch BBQ staples including Biscuits and Gravy, Beef Brisket Benedict, and Fried Chicken & Waffles, as well as a bevy of Hash Browns, and Cinnamon Sticky Buns. An extensive Bloody Mary bar is the perfect complement to any meal.
Bub City boasts a bar offering more than 125 selections from well-known and independent distilleries throughout the country.
With Joe’s on Weed Street partners Ed Warm and Tom DeSanto in the mix, there is more to enjoy than just great food and drink. Guests can expect to see some of country music’s emerging talent featured on the venue’s 16-foot stage positioned at the center of the 4,500-square-foot space. The duo behind the city’s most popular country destination is already planning for some of country music’s biggest stars to stop by while on tour.
EOE. We participate in E-Verify.