The Fifty/50 Restaurant Group is currently hiring Lunch Line Cooks for a new concept called 90th Meridian Kitchen & Bar. Our kitchen is open from 11am to 7pm on Monday - Friday. We hope to become a busy lunch and happy hour destination. We will be closed on the weekends except for private events. Lunch shifts are 8AM to 2PM.
We are now open at 231 South LaSalle in the historic Central Standard Building, just across the street from the Federal Reserve and the Chicago Board of Trade.
We are currently looking for experienced, dedicated and professional Line Cooks who enjoy being around people and working with a supportive team. 90th Meridian will be a fast-paced establishment with great food, craft cocktails, a focused wine list and cool atmosphere. We are a fun place to work and a great place to start a new career.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- 1-2 years professional kitchen experience, high volume experience a plus
- Valid Food Handlers Certificate
- Are serious about learning new techniques and improving your skills
- Must be able to work while maintaining strict sanitation standards
- Communicate ordering and prep needs to those who manage outside of the shift
- Maintain walk-in and cooler organization
- Uphold all standards expected by Management and Chef
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor
- Complying with health and food safety standards, restocking items and cleaning
- Ability to stand/walk a minimum of 8 hours or as needed
- Must be able to exert well-paced and frequent mobility for periods of up to 8 hours or as needed
- Be able to lift up to 20+ pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds on occasion
- Will frequently reach, feel, bend, stoop, carry, use stairs, finely manipulate, and key in data
- Work in both warm and cool environments
- High levels of noise from music, customer and employee traffic
- Must be able to tolerate potential allergens: peanut products, egg, dairy, gluten, soy, seafood and shellfish
About the Fifty/50 Restaurant Group:
Formed in 2008, The Fifty/50 Restaurant Group is an independent company made up of hardworking, talented restaurant professionals. We have 18 restaurants with more on the way. We offer subsidized health insurance, dental insurance, 401k, employee discounts, paid parental leave, and plenty of other benefits and perks to qualified employees.
We appreciate talent and reward hard work. To learn more about all our concepts, visit www.thefifty50group.com
Medical, dental and vision insurance and prescription benefit, Dining discount, 401K, Life Insurance, and more!
Food Handlers Certificate
Food Safety Knowledge
General knife handling
Other jobs you might be interested in
Casual Dining, Upscale Casual
Part of The Fifty/50 Restaurant Group
90th Meridian is a restaurant from the Fifty/50 Restaurant Group.
We are now open at 231 South LaSalle just across the street from the Federal Reserve and the Chicago Board of Trade.
We will be open from 11am to 7pm on Monday - Friday. We hope to become a busy lunch and happy hour destination. We will be closed on the weekends except for private events.
The culinary team will be directed by Chef/Partner Nate Henssler who also oversees Portsmith. CDC Miles Schaefer. Patrick Wingert, another long time veteran of the Fifty/50 RG will be the general manager and new comer to our group, Nick Cary.
You may apply online or by emailing [email protected]