Dishwashers perform various functions in restaurants to ensure that kitchen equipment are properly cleaned for use by customers.
Here is a job description we required to showing the major tasks, duties, and responsibilities of dishwashers.
- Scrape and sort dishes before loading them into a dishwashing machine for cleaning
- Monitor dish machine water temperature during sanitary wash cycle
- Unload dishwashing machine after a wash to put away utensils and dishes at proper storage units
- Sweep and scrub kitchen floors to ensure a clean and tidy work area
- Bag kitchen trash and discard in a dumpster at intervals
- Maintain adequate levels of detergents and other cleaning supplies
- Assist in the preparation and serving of food as may be required
- Participate in periodic employee meetings and contribute to the growth of an establishment
- Stock supplies such as food items and utensils in kitchen and storage areas
- Load or unload trucks that deliver or pick up food stock from a restaurant
- Use hand trucks to move supplies or equipment from a storage area to work area
- Set up banquet tables and dining areas according to set standards
- Maintain dishwashing machine and report any mechanical faults to supervisor
- Stock and arrange kitchen utensils and dishes in an orderly manner
- Handle glassware and other fragile tableware to prevent breakage
- Maintain a customer-focused attitude while performing job duties.
Other jobs you might be interested in
At this new Roscoe Village restaurant, We create a truly authentic southern French menu focusing on the freshest, highest quality ingredients, enhanced with modern techniques.
Our two bars serve perfectly matched wines, creative cocktails and martinis, as well as thoughtful beer selections. Two separate dining rooms create the perfect atmosphere for the night out. Whether it’s an intimate dinner surrounded by Old World touches with someone special, or a large gathering with family and friends in a vibrant, communal space, we invite you to join our team.