Expectations: As an employee of Formento’s Restaurant you are expected to be:
Flexible. This is of utmost importance, as the restaurant industry can be very unpredictable. Be willing to do what is asked of you to benefit the Group as a whole, even if it isn’t exactly outlined in this job description or your expected schedule.
Positive, personable, and open-minded. As we all work closely together, we always want to bring positive energy to the group.
Hard-working and self-motivated. There may not be supervision or direction available at all times, so we expect you to maintain high standards for yourself without needing to be told.
Punctual and responsible. We hold each other accountable to follow through on all commitments with a sense of urgency.
Hospitable: We are known for exceptional customer service in all of our pursuits, and it is your job to uphold these high standards, anticipate the guests needs and to find ways to go above and beyond the client's expectations and create memorable experiences.
Responsibilities: As a Server of Formento’s Restaurant you are expected to:
- Establish yourself as a Role Model and Leader for all staff in the restaurant by being an expert on the food, beverage and service standards of Formento’s, teaching and mentoring support staff and holding yourself accountable to the policies and values of B. Hospitality Co.
- Guide guests through their dining experience by describing the cuisine, seamlessly accommodating special requests, allergies and dietary restrictions and enlightening them on unique ingredients, fine wine, spirits and cocktails.
- Manage the pace and sequence of the dining experience by appropriate coursing, firing and clearing through proper communication and delegation to your support staff of the steps of service.
- Pursue personal growth and current industry knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures.
- Enhance Formento’s work environment and culture by accepting importance of your role in the restaurant exploring opportunities to add value to your job accomplishments.
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of B. Hospitality Co.
B. Hospitality Co. is a hospitality-driven restaurant group based in Chicago, IL. Founded by partners John Ross and Phillip Walters, B. Hospitality Co. establishes classic restaurants that withstand the test of time.
The restaurant group prides itself on providing compelling food creations grounded in tradition along with thoughtfully selected, world-class wine and beverage programs. Each restaurant offers unparalleled warm and attentive service leaving a lasting impression on all guests that walk through their doors.
B. Hospitality Co. was founded with the launch of The Bristol in September 2008. The first of its kind in Chicago, The Bristol brought whole-animal butchery to the map. Its sister restaurant, Balena, opened in March 2012 with partners Boka Restaurant Group (BRG). In 2015, the team truly expanded into a hospitality company with the addition of four new restaurants. In January 2015, Formento’s, an Italian-heritage restaurant was created in honor of owner John Ross’ grandmother, Lucielle Formento. Later that month, Nonna’s, a sandwich shop, opened. In the winter of 2015, B. Hospitality Co. once again partnered with BRG to open Swift & Sons, an American steakhouse, in Fulton Market District. Cold Storage opened several weeks later and features incredible seafood and shellfish.
The team continues to look to the future of hospitality with plans to expand.