- Refined verbal communication skills.
- 2 years of previous line experience preferred.
- Culinary degree or related hotel experience is preferred.
- Candidate should be able to perform all basic cooking skills.
- Able to work a single station in the kitchen.
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
Advanced Knife Handling
General knife handling
Up to 200 covers a night
Up to 300 covers a night
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Park Hyatt Washington
Blue Duck Tavern’s open kitchen with a central focus on its wood-burning oven welcomes both travelers and locals alike to gather and celebrate in good taste. The menu of Blue Duck Tavern intelligently showcases the best of the season as Executive Chef Adam Howard brings sharply focused and bold flavors to the table through simple, time-honored cooking methods and modern technologies. Chef Howard slow roasts three-quarters of the menu in the wood-burning oven, while using braising, preserving, and smoking techniques to bring the true flavors of America's simple, wholesome foods to Blue Duck Tavern’s guests.
With an open staff pantry and kitchen, a glass-enclosed wine cellar, a Chef’s Table seating up to twenty, and Washington’s first commercial Molteni range custom designed in blue lacquer, guests experience an innovative setting by internationally renowned New York designer Tony Chi. Blue Duck Tavern is open daily and serves breakfast, lunch, dinner and weekend brunch.
Awarded one Michelin star in 2017; 2018 and 2019 and acclaimed locally as one of the best restaurants in Washington, D.C., Blue Duck Tavern brings exceptional regional American cuisine to