Hiring Head Chef for Developing a New Restaurant in Mid-Town, Manhattan
We are currently seeking highly motivated culinary head chef to bring fresh and creative ideas to our successful new development. Strong ability to recruit and train and lead the BOH team is required. Applicants must have a level of managerial training completed.
Previous leadership experience in the culinary field required
Diploma Certification in a Culinary discipline an asset
Salary: Starting Annual Base of $75-100K; negotiable based on applicant experience & skillset.
- Vast knowledge and interest in culinary arts, including any new up and coming food trends
- Preparation and production, increase order timing & communication with service staff
- Create ingredient lists, build methods and order guides
- Responsible for meeting food and labor cost targets for the kitchen.
- Train and educate all staff on the "Hows" & "Whys" of our menu
- Ordering and inventory
- Kitchen staffing and scheduling
- Hiring, training, and coaching
- Development and maintenance of employee training manuals
- Staff training program
- Planning and content for weekly staff meetings
- Daily pre-shift meetings
- Oversight and input on agenda and content with the management team
- Continual staff evaluations and feedback on performance
Advanced Knife Handling
Culinary Menu / Recipe Development
Dough Making / Portioning
Enforcement Of Safety / Sanitation Standards