Onda is seeking a Junior Sous Chef. Onda is Santa Monica Proper’s signature restaurant which marks a global collaboration with Jessica Koslow (Sqirl, Silverlake) and Gabriela Camara (Contramar, Cala). These award-winning, tastemaker chefs draw from California and Mexican flavors, techniques and ingredients in the open kitchen, at the bar, and on the table.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant's recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards
- Assist in overseeing inventory, purchasing and food cost
- Ensure compliance with food handlers and sanitation standards
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, procedures, and brand standards
- Support the Sous Chefs and Chef de Cuisine in the training, mentoring, development and management of the kitchen staff and supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities
- Assist with completing daily, weekly, and monthly management administrative duties including operations reports, standard operating procedures, safety and sanitations checklists, and ordering and inventory documentation
- 3 years’ experience in a similar position
- Culinary Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience successfully leading in a fast-paced environment and prioritizing demands
- Excellent critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays
Proper Hospitality is made up of a diverse group of passionate individuals who share a common love for hotels and the art of hospitality. Our philosophy is simple: There is a right way to do things and anything less just isn’t proper. We are seeking out the “best of the best” from inside and outside of the industry to work alongside us as we grow a new kind of lifestyle Hospitality Company inspired by a centuries-old tradition. The work is challenging and fast-paced, but rewarding above all.
Proper Hospitality provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other federal/state protected category.
Proper Hospitality will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local Fair Chance Hiring Ordinances.
Health benefits include Medical, Vision and Dental. 401k, PTO and Holiday Pay.
Culinary Menu / Recipe Development
Enforcement Of Safety / Sanitation Standards
Food Safety Knowledge
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Proper Hospitality
Onda is Santa Monica Proper’s signature restaurant which marks a global collaboration with Jessica Koslow (Sqirl, Silverlake) and Gabriela Camara (Contramar, Cala). These award-winning, tastemaker chefs draw from California and Mexican flavors, techniques and ingredients in the open kitchen, at the bar, and on the table. The art-filled lobby lounge is an intriguing setting for light bites, a deep dive on small-batch mezcals, and boutique wines by the glass.