Time Out Market is coming soon to the Fulton Market area and we are seeking to hire personable and professional Market Ambassadors to join our team!
This is a great position for an experienced host/hostess who is looking to grow within the hospitality industry.
We love what we do – and it shows! Time Out Market is the division of Time Out that brings our food and cultural experiences to life for our guests, readers and clients.
Our Market Ambassadors are the first impression of the Market and must provide clear information to each arriving guest to ensure that each enjoys a memorable experience with each visit.
- Monitor entrance and exit areas and greet guests as they arrive
- Provide guests information on the Market upon arrival to enhance their knowledge of the operation and their experience
- Provide each guest with a sincere thank you upon their departure with an invitation to return
- Monitor and guests both entering and exiting and ensure that no outside food and or beverage is entering the Market and that no alcoholic beverages leave the Market
- Inform Market Management and Security of any incidents or potential incidents
- Perform all assigned duties as detailed in your opening, afternoon and closing checklists
- Answer calls promptly and provide information correctly
- Complete all administrative duties competently, efficiently, thoroughly, and in a timely manner
- Update all operational telephone numbers as needed
- Move furniture as directed by management, including but not limited to tables, chairs, bar stools, banquettes, bar tables, boxes, equipment, etc.
- Be fully conversant with every aspect of the Company’s emergency procedures, policies and procedures within employee handbook, and with the geographical layout of the operation and to know the exact whereabouts of all operational equipment
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of all Market Vendors, Vendor Menu offerings and beverage offerings in the Market
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of surrounding parking, ferries and subway stations with associated trains
- Assists and/ or completes additional tasks as assigned
- Create and maintain a sense of urgency
- Ability to perform basic mathematical equations
- Must have strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and assertively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with staff, clients, and the public
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude always
- Ability to keep an open and objective view
- Ability to listen empathetically and be respectful always
- Ability to maintain composure and stay focused
- Ability to maintain personal integrity
- Ability to work as a team, stay organized, handle various projects at one time, follow up and make accurate decisions
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment, and work under pressure and meet deadlines
- 18+ years of age
- Possession of or the ability to possess all state required work cards
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- High School Diploma preferred
Working Knowledge Requirements:
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience as a host/hostess in a high-volume/ fine dining restaurant or associated hospitality operation
- Thorough knowledge of restaurant operations including food, beverage, service techniques and guest interaction
- Opening and closing duties
- Proper lifting techniques
- Guest relations
- Sanitation and safety
- Safe alcohol service
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Must present and maintain a professional image to further the overall theme of the venue
- Must have good positive energy
- Must be able to read the computer monitors
- Must be able to print legibly for guests to read
- Must be observant and quick to respond to various situations
- Must be able to move quickly through work and set the pace at venue
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time
- Must be dexterous and able to participate in all service aspects.
- Must be able to twist, tow (push or pull), reach, bend, climb and carry as necessary
- Must be able to push and lift up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls
- Ability to reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Ability to talk, hear, taste, smell, and see to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to Company standards
Work Environment and Schedule:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Restaurant environment
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Occasionally work in an environment that is subject to varying levels of noise and crowds the severity of which depends upon Guest volume
- Work varied shifts to include days, nights, weekends and holidays
What we look for in a candidate:
Time Out is a company filled with individuals as diverse as the cities we live in and cover. At the same time there are common characteristics and values we all share. To join our team, you’ll want to…
- Be commercially astute
- Want to dive headfirst into great service and hospitality company
- Have excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Have a high sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- Be a team player
At Time Out Group we believe in diversity and equal opportunity for all people. We do not discriminate against external or internal candidates on the basis of age; disability; gender reassignment; race; religion or belief; sex; sexual orientation; marriage and civil partnership; and pregnancy and maternity. We believe that diversity develops creativity and enables personal and professional growth where we all learn from each other. We believe in an open culture where ideas are shared candidly and where there is no fear of failure, but rather an understanding that we must experiment and have the freedom to succeed. We believe that everyone has the right to express themselves as they are as this enriches us all. We believe in an open world and the pursuit of happiness, after all, we are in the happiness business.
Company Overview – Time Out Market
Time Out Group comprises two business divisions. Time Out Digital and Time Out Market. In 2014, Time Out Market Lisbon opened in Lisbon – a food and cultural market bringing the best of the city together under one roof: its best restaurants, bars and cultural experiences based on editorial curation. In 2017, Time Out Market Lisbon saw 3.6 million visitors. Now Time Out Group is rolling the format out to other cities as part of its growth strategy. Time Out Market Miami is set to open in 2018, Boston and Chicago in 2019 and the Group is scoping locations around the globe.
About Time Out Group plc
Time Out is the leading global media and entertainment business that inspires and enables people to make the most of a city. It all started in 1968 in London, today Time Out is present in 108 cities in 39 countries, reaching a global monthly audience of 217 million.
Everything we do helps people discover, book and share what the world’s cities have to offer. From our powerful content and top-quality curation to the products and selected offers that can be booked directly with us, the solutions for partners to connect with our audience, or the imagination of our Live Events – we are global and no one knows the city like us. Our global reach includes a massive online presence, mobile applications, city magazines, guides and more. Now Time Out Market is taking that to the next level, bringing the best of a city together under one roof in Lisbon, and in other cities around the world soon.
In June 2016, Time Out Group was listed on London's AIM stock exchange, raising investment to position the company for the next stage of its growth and development. It is an exciting time as we’re transforming this iconic brand into a digital, transactional business and continue to shape the future of the city experience for both locals and visitors.
Time Out is a dynamic, pioneering brand and so is our team. We want to work with the best and brightest talent because we work for the world’s greatest cities, the people enjoying them and the businesses in them. As a truly global team we get to collaborate with colleagues from New York to Paris, Tokyo and Sydney and beyond. Our integrity, passion, curiosity, creativity and openness make us successful and a unique team.
Other jobs you might be interested in
International / Fusion
Upscale Casual, Casual Dining, Restaurant Group
A new hotspot for food and culture lovers is coming to Chicago: Time Out Market is set to open in 2019 at 916 W Fulton Market. Time Out Market Chicago will bring the best of the city together under one roof: its best restaurants, bars and cultural experiences, based on Time Out’s editorial curation. It will be a truly authentic Chicago experience.
Time Out Market Chicago will put down roots in the heart of the Fulton Market District. Set within a stand-alone brick building, it will showcase across nearly 50,000 sq ft a curated mix of 16 food offerings and three bars, a demonstration kitchen and a retail area. The offer is spread across three floors, featuring the market space indoors and outdoors, an event venue, a viewing and entertainment platform with bleacher seating and the first Time Out Market rooftop. There will be almost 600 seats for hungry visitors.