Martin Wine Cellar in Metairie, LA is looking for one sous chef to join our team. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, motivated, and engaged. Our hours are either 9 AM or 10 AM until 7 PM so no late nights!
- Train and develop chefs to company standards
- Create new dishes and menus in accordance with business needs
- Anticipate ingredient needs and arrange re-stock accordingly
- Ensure a productive kitchen flow that upholds business standards
- Execute catering dishes to order
- Culinary degree preferred. Three (3) years experience in fine dining restaurants.
- High familiarity with kitchen equipment, processes, and health and safety guidelines
- Able to delegate tasks effectively and assist when needed
- Adaptable to high traffic and kitchen volume
- Paid Holidays
- Accrued Time Off with Pay
- Rotating schedules for opening and closing shifts with no late nights! Two days off per week.
- Closed major holidays: New Years, Mardi Gras, Easter, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
Benefits, No Late Nights (Close at 7 PM), Major Holidays Off, 401k
Advanced Knife Handling
Culinary Menu / Recipe Development
Enforcement Of Safety / Sanitation Standards
Food / Beverage Pairing
Food Cost Optimization
Food Safety Knowledge
Other jobs you might be interested in
Salads / Sandwiches / Soups
Wine Store, Fine Dining, Upscale Casual, Casual Dining