• Cook the exact number of items ordered by each customer, working on several different orders simultaneously.
• Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
• Measure ingredients required for specific food items being prepared.
• Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers, or griddles.
• Pre-cook items such as bacon, in order to prepare them for later use.
• Verify that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity.
• Wash, cut, and prepare foods designated for cooking.
• Clean, stock, and restock workstations.
Enforcement Of Safety / Sanitation Standards
Food Handlers Certificate
General knife handling
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Levy Restaurants
Located on the Chicago River, RIVER ROAST offers dramatic city and water views from every seat - inside and out. James Beard award-winning Chef Tony Mantuano and Executive Chef Cedric Harden’s menu of Regional American tavern fare is satisfying and soul-warming. Meat, fish and veggies are roasted and carved tableside. Inventive drinks are on draft and cold-brewed cocktails from two slow drip infusion towers are offered alongside a large selection of local and Midwestern beers, craft cocktails, and wine. With one of the best patios in the city, River Roast is a gathering place to connect with friends, old and new. Our Brews & Blues Brunch features Chicago's finest Blues musicians performing live from 12PM-3PM. We'll see you soon for lunch, brunch, dinner or drinks!