Award-winning hospitality group STARR RESTAURANTS (Pastis, Le Coucou, Upland, and many more) is seeking hospitality professionals for its newest venture. Opening this December as part of the internationally renowned photography museum from Stockholm, Fotografiska. The multi concept space will include a restaurant named Veronika a nod to Veronica, the patron saint of photography, a quaint café, chapel bar, and private event space.
Inspired by the grand cafes that populated London, Paris and Vienna before the turn of the 20th century, Chef Robert Aikens’ menu will draw inspiration from France, Austria and Eastern Europe, prioritizing seasonality and sustainability through local sourcing.
However, great food and a beautiful restaurant are not enough to keep people coming back. We are currently seeking Prep Cooks who possess a genuine passion for food and beverage and, above all, a focus on providing an unparalleled guest experience.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Minimum of 1 year of culinary experience in NYT 2 to 4-star rated restaurant
- Culinary school/university education is preferred
- Able to take constructive criticism, learn quickly, and constantly improve
- Ability to manage a station from prep to service
- Ability to work cleanly and efficiently with attention to detail
- Punctuality is key!
- A strong sense of urgency and strong communication skills
- Team work ethics
- Thorough knowledge and appreciation of seasonal cuisine is a must
- Full time is a must; along with weekend availability.
Highly competitive hourly pay, tremendous career growth opportunities, and after 90 days of employment - NY Transitchek, Health, Vision and Dental Insurance as well as employee dining discounts at 30+ Starr Restaurants in multiple cities.
Advanced Knife Handling
Dough Making / Portioning