Award-winning hospitality group STARR RESTAURANTS (Pastis, Le Coucou, Upland, and many more) is seeking hospitality professionals for its newest venture. Opening this December as part of the internationally renowned photography museum from Stockholm, Fotografiska. The multi concept space will include a restaurant named Veronika a nod to Veronica, the patron saint of photography, a quaint café, chapel bar, and private event space.
Inspired by the grand cafes that populated London, Paris and Vienna before the turn of the 20th century, Chef Robert Aikens’ menu will draw inspiration from France, Austria and Eastern Europe, prioritizing seasonality and sustainability through local sourcing.
The breathtaking, theatrical space is masterfully designed by Roman and Williams (Le Coucou, La Mercerie, The Boom Boom Room at the Standard Hotel), seamlessly incorporating the 19th-century building’s original beauty with opulent fixtures, dramatic murals, lush plants and immaculate details.
However, great food and a beautiful restaurant are not enough to keep people coming back. We are currently seeking Bartenders who possess a genuine passion for food and beverage and, above all, a focus on providing an unparalleled guest experience.
Qualified candidates will have:
- 2-4 years bartending experience in 1, 2 and 3-star Metropolitan restaurants
- Knowledge and appreciation for food and the culture of dining.
- Strong knowledge of wine styles, grape varieties and regions
- Comprehensive knowledge of classic cocktails, recipes & all major spirit categories
- Strong knowledge of beers, styles, flavor profiles
- Sincere sense of hospitality and warm, engaging personality
- Ability to multi-task various responsibilities while maintaining a meticulous work station
- Ability to properly represent the restaurant’s vision and philosophy
- Open Availability
- Background, education, or passion for art, art history and photography
- Serving experience
- International hospitality experience
- Supporter of sustainability and green practices
Highly competitive hourly pay, tremendous career growth opportunities, and after 90 days of employment - NY Transitchek, Health, Vision and Dental Insurance as well as employee dining discounts at 30+ Starr Restaurants in multiple cities.
Ability To Lift 40+ Lbs
Basic Floor Service
Classic Wine Service Knowledge
Craft Cocktail knowledge
Food & Wine Pairings