Service Manager - 232 Bleecker
Your experience leading, organizing, and inspiring restaurant teams has lead you to develop a niche for restaurant operations and business. You are consistently in the process of developing and educating your team of up and coming hospitalitarians and supporting them in the shared effort to give our guests experiences that exude excellence, warmth, and fun. We are looking for people-driven leaders who seek the next challenge, as you know hard work is key to building and leading a strong and impactful restaurant.
Along with Suzanne Cupps, taking the helm as the Executive Chef, GM Kim Lerner (formerly of RH Restaurants and Emma's Torch), and Beverage Director Theo Lieberman (formerly of La Compagnie des Vins Surnaturels and EMP) - we are looking to build the rest of this ambitious and passionate team!
- Be a founding architect in opening 232 Bleecker, including crafting service style and standards, training a full team, and building and defining the restaurant.
- Be responsible for the restaurant operation and its culture, as well as financial responsibilities such as cost management, labor efficiency, and building top-line sales.
- Recruit, hire, and train a dining room team who embody hospitality and a hunger for education in their daily work.
- Keep retention rates high and promotions frequent.
- Actively work to build restaurant business, regulars, and strong and consistent reservation bookings.
- Handle daily P&L responsibility- with attention to all labor costs.
- Play an active role in the daily culture of the restaurant and keep a focus on education and a great work environment.
- Be the face of hospitality for the restaurant and lead by example with generous hospitality for your team, locals, regulars, and first timers.
- Achieve and maintain Department of Health Standards, holding your team accountable and role-modeling cleanliness and organization throughout the restaurant.
- Handle employee relations communication (including disciplinary action).
- Recruit, interview, hire, and train the team with an awareness for staffing needs and labor costs.
- Review & collaborate on team development plans with our Director of Training.
- Communicate verbally and digitally on a daily basis across various systemic and organizational platforms such as GoogleDrive, Deputy, Slack, Wrike, Revel, Paycom, etc.
- 2 - 3 years minimum restaurant management experience, ideally in a leadership role.
- A passion for real, good food and the leadership skills to operate a busy restaurant.
- The willingness to roll up your sleeves and pitch in whenever necessary.
- The demonstrated skills to motivate and develop a high performing team.
- The discipline and desire to create systems and organization within fast changing environments.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to learn technological platforms and work systematically with them.
- Familiarity with restaurant costing and POS, scheduling, and reservations software.
- An eye for detail.
- A flexible schedule, especially throughout the first six months of the opening.
- The ability to perform physical requirements of the position (lift up to 50lbs).
- The desire for professional improvement and the process of learning.
- The drive to network and build strong ties in your restaurant’s community.
- The ability to take many variables to find the best solution to a problem.
- An organized approach to achieving team goals.
- Proven tactics to successful operations in an evolving environment.
- Your Department of Health and/or ServSafe certification.
Work perks: Aside from your standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Phone reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
Physical Demands: While performing these job duties, the employee is regularly required to see, talk, hear, and reach. The employee is regularly required to sit, walk, and stand for long periods of time. The employee is required to use dominate hand coordination for simple grasping, pushing/pulling, and fine manipulation. The employee is also required to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, bend, squat, kneel, and reach above shoulder level. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Additional Information: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position and does not contain all of the essential requirements and functions of the position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This job description does not include all the duties that may be assigned to the employee and it may be revised from time to time with or without notice.
Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the restaurant which may include overtime, weekends and holidays. The employee will carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the employee’s manager.
Other jobs you might be interested in
Farm To Table
Wine Bar, Upscale Casual
Part of DIG
Dig is a community of chefs, farmers, creatives, activists, and innovators devoted to rebuilding the food system through vegetables. We're creating a new kind of restaurant group that connects people to good food at an affordable price. Since launching in 2011, we've opened 27 quick service restaurants, partnered with 80+ independent farms, and taught thousands of people how to cook (really cook) in Dig kitchens.
But our story is just beginning, and we'd love for you to be a part of our next chapter of growth as we build a full service restaurant in the west village to open this fall!
It will be a neighborhood restaurant centered around a wood fire grill and with a menu centered around the fresh from the farm vegetables we have always loved. Behind the scenes, the restaurant will be supercharged by the infrastructure that we’ve spent nearly a decade building. The kitchen will have access to the best ingredients on the market through our network of farm partners. The chef will recruit talent from the hundreds of culinary professionals that we’ve been training since day one. If you’re a chef or hospitality leader with passion, imagination, and vision, drop us a line. We would love to speak with you and build a restaurant together!