The Cushman Concepts team is proud of these shared principles: that they are a group that is creatively driven and operationally sound, and that they foster and insist upon a culture of genuine care for themselves, their purveyors and their guests. Operating with this culture as a constant goal in addition to providing guests with crave-able food, beverage and warm service in unique ways is our inspiration and challenge.
This is a full time, salaried position offering benefits and an educational environment. To apply, submit your cover letter and resume to the General Manager, Claire Makley, at [email protected]
• Lead pre-shift meeting with all staff on a daily basis
• Cash handling
• Manage bar team
• Manage the business aspects of the bar, such as ordering, inventory, and reordering supplies, managing budgets, and setting goals and service expectations
• Hiring and training the bar team to provide excellent service to patrons.
• Creating effective schedules and quickly resolving conflicts to ensure that the bar is well staffed during peak hours.
• Setting and enforcing quality and safety controls.
• Working with diverse personalities both on the staff and patrons.
• Helping plan and taking part in promotional events.
• Spearheading bar menu development and R&D.
• Diffusing tense situations between patrons or staff members to prevent possible safety or legal issues, ejecting unruly persons, if needed.
• Maintaining a fun, safe atmosphere for patrons.
• Must have at least two (2) or more years management experience in the Food & Beverage industry, with previous management experience in a Cocktail Bar or Japanese Restaurant preferred. Having other related/equivalent field may be considered.
• Preferably TIPS and ServSafe Certification
• High volume experience
• Open availability required (including weekends and holidays)
• Have solid experience with and knowledge of cocktails, liquors, beers & wine
• Basic computer skills- POS handling
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Experience in a high-volume bar atmosphere
• Excellent problem-solving, and customer service skills.
• Ability to diffuse tense situations and resolve conflicts.
• Willingness to work during peak hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Effectively delegate responsibilities and maximize resources.
Ability To Lift 40+ Lbs
Basic Floor Service
Craft Cocktail knowledge
Profit & Loss Management
1 Employee RecommendationSee Details
Part of Cushman Concepts
Hojoko is a lively Japanese izakaya located in the heart of Boston's historic Fenway neighborhood. Hojoko serves a unique combination of sushi rolls, yakitori, ramen and more along with award-winning cocktails, sake and beer.
We take great pride, and great pleasure, in our unique culture of caring.
Caring is Gracious, Genuine, and Humble.
We care about you.
We care about our guests.
We care about the community.
We care about our product.
We care about consistency.
We care about each and every detail of the guest experience.
We care about everyone enjoying what they do, having fun and learning.
We care about working as a team and showing the highest level of respect for everyone.
Caring is warm, but has a powerful effect when it comes to life through words, thoughts and actions.
Every action and every interaction with our guests and with each other contributes to and solidifies our culture of caring.