The Receiver acts as a gatekeeper for our restaurant. Ensuring that our guests and chefs receive the best possible quality of ingredients to create an incredible dining experience. This role will be supervising all receiving activities and handle the administrative elements of the receiving process. Additionally, this role manages the cleanliness, sanitation, organization and maintenance of the restaurant and facilities.
- Supervise steward/porter team to ensure daily workload is delegated and executed to standards of restaurant.
- Receive all deliveries (food, paper, and beverage) and verify quantity received to invoice amount.
- Inspect all deliveries (quality and quantity) and reject unacceptable merchandise per internal procedures. Ensure food quality meets standards set by Chef. Properly clean and store all produce, seafood, and meats. For dry goods, label the package to indicate date received
- Write up credit claims as necessary, i.e. for goods overcharged/short delivered/quality rejected. Make proper notations on invoices as necessary. Post invoices and bills maintain administrative reporting sheets for costs and sales
- Keep all storage areas at the highest level of sanitation and cleanliness
- Ensure expiration dates are checked and follow First In, First Out (F.I.F.O.) to ensure that all products are stored correctly and rotated properly.
- Coordinate with Culinary and Restaurant Management team to ensure timely ordering of goods.
- Coordinate weekly physical inventory with Culinary team.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Culinary/Hospitality Management Degree is preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in a Receiver, Sous Chef, or other role with similar responsibilities in a restaurant of similar caliber.
- Food Safety Handlers Certificate Required
- Experience with purchasing/receiving, storing and handling products in the restaurant industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with managing inventory and cost control is preferred
- Knowledge and experience in safe handling and usage of various kitchen machinery.
- Ability to move, lift, carry, pull or push as needed
- Ability to work in a cold or hot environment
- Must be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 10 hours) as well as sit at a workstation for long periods of time (up to 5 hours per day).
- Must be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 30 pounds, and push/pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs.
- Must be able to speak, read, write in clear English. The ability to communicate in Spanish is preferred.
- Must be able to use relevant computer applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook; restaurant specific purchasing tools)
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule. (including nights, weekends, and holidays)
What we offer:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Gym Membership Discounts
- ZipCar Rental Discounts
- Family Meal Provided
- On site Educational Classes
Invest Hospitality LLC –is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Invest Hospitality, LLC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Options & Lifestyle Wellness Package
Part of INVEST HOSPITALITY
L'Atelier Miami is the newest incarnation of the late Chef Joël Robuchon’s groundbreaking concept, which first opened in Paris’ Saint-Germain neighborhood in 2003, followed by Tokyo the same year. Currently with 10 distinct locations around the world, each restaurant feels of-its-place, staying true to the original Parisian roots, while drawing inspiration from the surrounding city and neighborhood--including The Miami Design District.
L’Atelier’s name refers to a craftsman’s workshop, emphasizing Chef Joël Robuchon’s hallmark of elevating the simplest of dishes into something extraordinary using pristine ingredients, immaculate technique, and abundant creativity.The restaurant’s signature counter seating faces directly into the open kitchen, allowing for a dynamic interaction between chef and diner, and view into the creative process.
Chef Robuchon's protégés carry on this culinary philosophy at L'Atelier Miami, with a Modern French menu featuring iconic signature dishes, alongside new, ever-changing seasonal creations utilizing ingredients sourced from top local and regional purveyors.