Click your avatar to access saved jobs and applications
PART TIME AND FULL TIME OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE!
APPLY ONLINE @ www.qhire.net/gibsons
The Waitstaff serves food and beverages to customers in a friendly, efficient, and professional manner and ensures a positive experience for all customers. Each Waitstaff employee is responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of the Gibsons Restaurant Group’s philosophy, which is based upon four distinct core beliefs: Hospitality, Quality, Family and Value.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Serve customers as part of a team by anticipating their needs, initiating conversation, offering assistance and advice and remembering that “the customer is always right”!
· Perform dining room set-up, running side work and closing duties.
· Have extensive knowledge of the restaurant’s menu and wine list, including daily specials.
· Check identification to ensure customers meet minimum age requirements for consuming alcoholic beverages.
· Participate in table and dining room clean up.
· Compute customer checks, operate the POS system and accept payments.
· Accurately report tips for each shift.
· Maintain dining room safety and sanitation standards.
· Be aware of potential hazards, which could cause, but are not limited to, slipping, tripping, falling or burns.
· Arrive for each shift on time and in full uniform.
· Attend all pre-shift meetings ready to “listen and learn” and share ideas.
· Avoid leaving work area during peak periods.
· Take breaks only when approved by the General Manager or Manager.
· Keep a clean and professional appearance at all times.
· Must pass general information and departmental tests.
· May perform other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or GED preferred and one to two years experience serving in a restaurant preferred; or a combination of education and experience.
Ability to effectively communicate verbally with customers and other staff in fast-paced environment. Ability to do basic math. Ability to follow instructions and procedures. Must be of legal age to serve alcohol. Must have strong customer service skills and be able to maintain poise and positive personality when under pressure.
We are an E-Verify employer
Part of Gibsons Restaurant Group