As a line cook at Cosme , some of the requirements and responsibilities will be :
• Responsible for preparing all food items according to prep sheets and standardized recipes with speed and consistency of quality
• Cooking, plating, garnishing, and expediting food
• Maintaining communication with front of house staff to ensure timely service to the guests
• Using safe food handling procedures
• Helping to develop daily specials
• Assisting with training
• Minimizing waste
• Ensuring that all work areas remain clean and organized
• Ensuring that all food products are stored properly; and completing other duties as assigned
• Average to above knife skills
• Ability to follow and troubleshoot recipes/menu items with little or no difficulty
• Ability to efficiently set up and maintain workstation
• Ability to demonstrate the outlet style of cuisine through food tasting and preparation
• Ability to assist chefs with maintaining accurate inventory levels
Here's what we offer our team:
*Flexible scheduling - Full time and Part Time positions , and lunch and dinner shifts available
*Meal discounts - Enjoy meal discounts when dining as a guest with friends and family at a discounted rate
*Paid time off - Offered to support our team in having an active life outside of work
*Health Insurance - Medical, Dental, and Vision Offered to eligible staff
*Transit Check - Eligible employees can use their pre-tax dollars to pay and save on commuting expenses
*Holiday Observance - We know the importance of celebrating holidays with friends and family . We are closed for business on July 4th , Thanksgiving , Christmas Day, and New Years day .
If you're ready to take your restaurant career to the next step, believe that innovation, commitment to excellence and uncompromising quality is critical to success, we would love for you to join our team.
Advanced Knife Handling
Food Handlers Certificate
Other jobs you might be interested in
As world-renowned Chef Enrique Olvera’s first American foray, Cosme, in the Flatiron District, serves contemporary dishes inspired by Mexican cuisine that artfully adapt to using local ingredients.
The menu is designed for shared plates of botanas, and the relaxed atmosphere encourages guests to order spontaneously and let conversations linger. In addition to the main dining room, Cosme also encompasses a bar room, as well as a private dining room for up to 12 guests.
Named after a market in Mexico City where Olvera’s grandfather took him as a child, Cosme evokes a strong sense of place. The restaurant embraces its “New Yorkness” by offering dishes created with a Mexican framework and soul but adapted with local and seasonal ingredients.
Cosme provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.