Flora Bar, the Upper East Side restaurant from chef Ignacio Mattos, is seeking an enthusiastic and knowledgeable sommelier with strong work ethic to help maintain the highest standards of service.
With the iconic Met Breuer museum as its backdrop, Flora Bar features classic raw bar and seasonally-influenced dishes interpreted in Ignacio's subtly unexpected way. The wine program concentrates on classic regions of the Old World with a particular focus on organic wines, and over 300 selections available. Applicants must be highly motivated team players with strong knowledge and interest in food and beverage and must have a positive attitude to excel in this fun and dynamic atmosphere.
- Help guests navigate our wine list. Provide information and guidance to help create memorable dining experiences for our guests.
- Provide friendly and attentive service to all guests
- Assist with monthly inventory
- Help unpack and organize wine deliveries
- Perform all other duties as instructed by management
- A minimum of 1 year of experience as a sommelier in an upscale, high-volume restaurant
- Knowledge of wine and wine service techniques
- Availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays. Must be able to work on Sundays.
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Sense of urgency
- Clean and organized working habits
- A commitment to learning and continuous improvement
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Medical/dental/vision insurance offered, TransitChek commuter benefits
Ability To Lift 40+ Lbs
Basic Floor Service
Classic Wine Service Expertise
Classic Wine Service Knowledge
Craft Cocktail knowledge
Other jobs you might be interested in
American, Salads / Sandwiches / Soups, Coffee / Tea
Upscale Casual, Cafe
Part of Matter House
From the chef/owner of the critically-acclaimed restaurant Estela in Nolita and Café Altro Paradiso in SoHo, comes Flora Bar and Flora Coffee. Flora Bar takes inspiration from lively, approachable restaurants in New York and Europe and is open beyond museum hours. The menu emphasizes seafood and vegetables and strives to be tasty and playful. You can stop in for a full dinner, a small bite or a drink at the long bar.
The Flora Bar team aim to create an atmosphere of accessibility and fun similar to what they’ve cultivated downtown. The partnership with the museum came about from The Met’s desire to bring the Estela team’s light and ethereal tone—and perhaps foremost its sensitivity to the setting and location of a space—to the iconic Breuer building.