Resident is an early-stage company that hosts communal dinners in private spaces with a rotating chef residency. Resident event menus are multi-course with beverage pairing, and attract everyone from artists to entrepreneurs, Chefs, tourists, and New Yorkers of all walks of life. You can read more about us in The New York Times, Grubstreet, or Food & Wine. We’re looking for enthusiastic dishwashers to help at our fine dining culinary experiences.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be punctual for every shift
- Clock in and report to the head chef/director of operations
- Hand wash and utilize dishwasher machine (if available), dry, and polish plateware, glassware, silverware and equipment throughout the meal (most meals have 8 courses and wine pairings)
- Communicate with the server if they need to reuse any silverware or glassware for the upcoming courses and prioritize those items in the washing
- Communicate with event staff of what needs to be cleaned
- Maintain a clean workspace for the duration of the dinner
- Be efficient and fast, keeping up with the pace of the dinner, while also being gentle with delicate glassware
- Take out trash
- Make sure workspace is clean, clock out and depart
- Scheduling -- Work with the Director of Operations to schedule shifts weeks in advance
- At least one year of experience dishwashing in the food service industry
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
Compensation & Benefits
$18/hour, Employee will use the required Time Keeping App and adhere to the set shift hours.
Working and venue locations will vary over the months of employment. Working
conditions will vary from venue to venue. Employee will be working directly with
commercial cleaning products and around food product.
Physical Elements of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout the shift
- Frequent carrying and lifting up to 40 lbs
- Occasional, kneeling, pulling, pushing
Other jobs you might be interested in
Private / Social Club
Resident is an early-stage company that hosts communal dinners in private spaces with a rotating chef residency.
Resident event menus are multi-course with beverage pairing, and attract everyone from artists to entrepreneurs, Chefs, tourists, and New Yorkers of all walks of life. Resident event venues may vary dramatically from a townhouse, a residential building still under construction, to a Resident Chef's own home!
Our culinary residency gives up-and-coming chefs the resources and runway for culinary experimentation. We want chefs and event staff to have more than creative freedom - we strive to provide superior compensation and flexibility as well.