Los Angeles is in the historic LA Railway Building in Downtown Los Angeles, SIBLING RIVAL and PILOT.
● Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant's recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards
● Assist in overseeing inventory, purchasing and food cost
● Manage staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial
objectives are met
● Ensure compliance with food handlers and sanitation standards
● Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, procedures, and
● Support the Chef de Cuisine in the training, mentoring, development and management of the
kitchen staff and supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities
● Assist with completing daily, weekly, and monthly management administrative duties
including operations reports, financial documentation, human resources/staff management paperwork, standard operating procedures, safety and sanitations checklists, and ordering and inventory documentation
● 3 years’ experience in a similar position
● Culinary Degree or equivalent experience
● Experience successfully leading in a fast-paced environment and prioritizing demands
● Excellent critical thinking and decision-making skills
● We can have a meal together and share a laugh or two along the way..
● You jump out of bed every morning, buzzing with energy, and excited for what you’ll
● Able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all the job functions that an associate may be asked to perform from time to time with various management staff.
After long work weeks in restaurants, and contrary to their bodies telling them to just catch up on sleep, Sunday became a day for Todd, Adam and Jaime to celebrate the industry they loved and served. Sunday was and is about exploring their neighborhood, Brooklyn (and now Los Angeles), for the best breakfast sandwich, negroni, fried chicken, natural wine, or cup of coffee. Sunday is about recovering lost time with family and friends.
Sunday Hospitality will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local Fair Chance Ordinance.
Bonus, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO
Other jobs you might be interested in
Californian, American, New American
Bakery / Patisserie, Casual Dining, Cafe
SIBLING RIVAL celebrates the intersection of timeless rivalries, where what is seemingly opposing sit comfortably in one place. Seasonal Californian classics are served in an all-day, casual, yet thoughtful, elevated diner setting. From quinoa bowls to togarashi chicken sandwiches, and pressed juices to innovative cocktails, join in the revelry of our rivals.
Opening October 2019, Downtown LA