BROKEN SPANISH follows the evolution of Chef Ray Garcia, a native Angeleno who draws his culinary inspiration from the city's rich culture, the wealth of Southern California produce, and classic training.
The restaurant is currently looking for a full time PASTRY COOK with at least two years experience to join the team.
JOB PURPOSE: Carry out the production of pastry and bread products for Restaurant's dinner service. Responsible for maintaining food quality, cleanliness and sanitation with specific focus on the pastry and bakery department.
DUTIES & RESPOSIBILITIES:
● Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards of the company.
● Properly follow all recipes and techniques.
● Ensure that pastry items are of the highest quality and that the needs of the restaurant are always met.
● Understand and follow all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
● Maintain company expectations of food and service through working side by side with the entire kitchen team.
● Achieve company goals in food quality, facility maintenance, sanitation and cleanliness.
● Upkeep of all kitchen equipment and facilities
WORKING CONDITIONS & EXPECTATIONS:
● Work schedule requires weekends, holidays, and late evenings.
● Shifts will range from 9 - 12 hours.
● Always act in a professional manner that represents the restaurant, owners, partners and staff.
● Demonstrate teamwork in all areas of the restaurant.
● Work with a positive attitude in all types of situations.
● Strong, positive and respectful communication skills.
● Follow safety and sanitation rules and laws at all times.
● Always act in the best interest of the restaurant, fellow employees and guests.
● Create, maintain a positive, safe and productive working environment.
● Minimum of 2 years of experience working pastry line and plating desserts.
● Communicate and understand the predominant language(s) of our guests.
● California Food Handlers Card required.
● Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 12 hours).
● Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 20 - 50 pounds.
This is a full time position with health benefits after 60 days. Please reply with your resume in the body of the email. We look forward to meeting you.
Health Insurance for Full Time employees after 60 days
Other jobs you might be interested in
Mexican, Latin American
Part of Sprout LA
Broken Spanish follows the evolution of its chef, Ray Garcia. An amalgamation of the classically trained chef, born and raised in Los Angeles, with the powerful influence of a Latin upbringing. Drawing inspiration and flavors from a diverse community, Broken Spanish offers an experience that is Unique, Characteristic, and Beautiful.
Broken Spanish displays Chef Ray Garcia’s distinct culinary perspective with an elevated contribution to a bountiful culinary history. The cuisine is expressed in bold yet refined flavors. Preparations demonstrate elements of long-established tradition, while finished dishes are showcased with modern appeal.