Prepare, season, and cook dishes such as soups, meats, vegetables, or desserts in restaurants. May order supplies, keep records and accounts, price items on menu, or plan menu.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Inspect and clean food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices
- Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters
- Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock
- Turn or stir foods to ensure even cooking
- Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience
- Bake, roast, broil, and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to waiters or patrons
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils
- Wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption
To perform successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Associates Degree (A. A.) or equivalent; or 1 to 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Must Work weekends and Holidays!!
Other jobs you might be interested in