FOOD RUNNER DETAILS
Our Food Runners are the ambassadors of hospitality in our dining rooms and must have a passion for delivering great service. Their job is to guide our guests through an engaging and tailored experience; and one driven by their knowledge of the Moody Tongue food program. They hold themselves accountable for upholding company standards of quality, efficiency, hospitality and assist in building a positive work environment.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced Food Runner who can perform calmly and effectively in a fast-paced environment, is capable of multi-tasking and has a passion for genuine hospitality and all things food and beverage.
If you feel you meet the below requirements, please apply/respond with a message and someone from our Moody Tongue team will be in touch shortly.
- Must have 2 years of Food Runner or Expo experience in a systems-based, full-service, high-volume restaurant setting with an understanding of Michelin-Level service.
- The ability to communicate with our guests in a professional manner, showcasing their knowledge of our food and concept.
- Ability to work closely with our Chef teams and assisting in our Expo line.
- Experienced in creating a positive work environment through positive support of their teams; a real team player with a great attitude.
- Guaranteeing state, federal and general business compliance, including but not limited to responsible alcohol service, updated certifications, and safety and sanitation standards.
- Must be able stand and walk at a steady pace for periods of up to 8 hours or more.
- Must be able to lift items weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Must have the ability to work a variety of hours, days, and shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Must have both State of Illinois Allergy and Food Handlers certifications.
We look forward to hearing from you and do not hesitate to reach out with any questions!
Hourly + Tips
Ability To Lift 40+ Lbs
Experience in a Fine Dining Establishment
Experience in a High Volume Environment
Food Safety Knowledge
Enforcement Of Safety / Sanitation Standards
Other jobs you might be interested in
Brewery, Event, Bar / Lounge, Fine Dining
Founded in 2014 by cousins Jared Rouben (President & Brewmaster) and Jeremy Cohn (CEO), Chicago’s Moody Tongue Brewing Company is built on the philosophy of culinary brewing, appealing to those with a discerning palate -- or as Rouben describes, a “moody tongue". The Chicago brewery has grown significantly in culinary markets across the US and China and, shortly after its acclaimed Tasting Room won the 2019 Jean Banchet Award for Best Bar in Chicago, recently announced its relocation to a larger facility at 2515 South Wabash Avenue.
The brewery's new home will house a dramatically expanded brewing operation as well as two restaurant concepts helmed by nine-time Michelin-starred Chef Jared Wentworth: The Bar at Moody Tongue, a casual, à la carte tasting room, and The Dining Room at Moody Tongue, a 25-seat, upscale 10-course tasting menu. This new expansion is the perfect opportunity for Rouben (former Brewmaster of Goose Island Brewery) to join forces with longtime friend Wentworth (Longman & Eagle, Dusek's) to showcase beer and food pairing in a setting unlike any before.