PATINA RESTAURANT GROUP
At the Metropolitan Opera
Seeks Cold / Hot Prep Production Cook
for Met Cafeteria
Patina Restaurant Group was founded on the belief that culinary excellence is an art form and museums, cultural centers and art-filled landmark locations provide the ideal environments for experiencing this level of quality and service. With Patina Restaurant Group, famed restaurateur Nick Valenti and Master Chef Joachim Splichal realized their shared vision for a truly bicoastal boutique restaurant and food service company.
- Assist & preparing and cooking daily menu items on the Met Cafeteria menu, which pertain to the Salad bar and Steam table according to restaurant standards and policies.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of work stations.
- Accept or reject ingredients from food supplier based on quality and appearance; keep note of inventory and notify stocker and chefs if product orders need to be made.
- Maintain and expand knowledge of basic cooking techniques.
The ideal candidate would be comfortable cooking simple entrees to be served at the cafeteria steam table as well as preparing salad bar items. At times, this position may help out at The Grand Tier restaurant kitchen.
- 1-2 years experience in a high volume café/ restaurant or high-end catering
- Culinary degree or certificate a plus
- Competent knife skills, efficient in prep and time management
- Ability to follow through and work independently with little supervision
- A team player with a positive attitude and a good sense of urgency
- Ability to think quick on their feet and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Resourceful and organized with clean work habits & attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Must be available to work full-time
We are more than just an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically celebrate the powerful and profound diversity of our team.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We believe in affording our team with the same level of service that we strive to deliver to our guests. We are committed to providing extensive training that allows our team members to achieve the very highest levels of professionalism and open the door to increased opportunities for future career growth.
For full-time positions, we offer industry leading compensation packages including:
- Major medical insurance options
- Dental, Vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 401K program
- Company Dining discount
Visit us at www.PatinaGroup.com
Competitive Compensation + Benefits
Food Safety Knowledge
General knife handling
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Delaware North
The Grand Tier Restaurant is set within one of the most spectacular cultural destinations in the world. Located inside Lincoln Center’s Metropolitan Opera House, it is a tribute to elegance and artistry. Contemporary American cuisine by Executive Chef Richard Diamonte is available pre-curtain and during every intermission, in an atmosphere highlighted by spectacular chandeliers and original masterpieces by Marc Chagall.
Patina Restaurant Group is entirely dedicated to providing our guests with the very finest quality cuisine, exceptional service and genuine hospitality at our extraordinary landmark locations and award-winning restaurants.