Olmsted is looking for a dynamic manager to join our team in Prospect Heights, Brooklyn.
Our new manager will be relied upon as a leader for our front of house team:
- Responsible for overseeing Olmsted's nightly service
- Fully comprehend all logistics and operations of the restaurant (BOH and FOH)
- Coordinate and supervise all staff
- Leads and directs the work of others
- Ensure guest satisfaction according to Olmsted's standards
- Serve as the onsite point person for all staff and guests
- Monitor and navigate the floor
- At least 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Wide degree of creativity and latitude expected
- Expertise in Adobe Illustrator and proficiency with Mac computers
- Ability to work as part of a professional team
- Planning and prioritization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- High energy, self-managing, and self-starter personality
- Adept at managing multiple tasks
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience managing Physical Plant & DOH/FDNY Compliance
The best fit is a professional who is looking to take the next step in their career & has a passion for food & beverage, as well as a strong desire to teach about food, beverage, and service.
Olmsted is informed by the fine-dining schools Chef Greg Baxtrom has learned from, but is casual, comforting, and approachable.
Olmsted was a James Beard Awards Finalist for Best New Restaurant.
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Chef Greg Baxtrom
Olmsted is a neighborhood restaurant in the heart of Prospect Heights from chef-owner Greg Baxtrom. We offer a seasonal, ingredient-driven menu, some of which comes straight from our backyard garden (yes, you’re welcome to sit there for a drink and a bite). We built the entire 50-seat restaurant with a living wall and lush garden ourselves, and named it after Frederick Law Olmsted, the famed architect behind nearby Prospect Park.