DiBruno Bros. has opened an exciting new concept, Alimentari, a second story cafe/wine bar in our Rittenhouse Square location. We are currently searching for talented, hospitality-oriented food and beverage industry professionals to join a brand new concept with our well-established company. As culinary pioneers, we pride ourselves on our outstanding knowledge of all things food and beverage.
Line cooks will ensure that each food item is prepared accurately using standardized prep lists and recipes to guarantee quality and consistency. The line cook is responsible for ensuring that we exceed customer expectations, communicate with our Associates and meet both Company and departmental objectives.
- In a timely fashion, assemble, organize, prepare, and fill food orders according to company specifications and recipes
- Prepare and Fill orders accurately based on production schedule
- Prepare high-quality food items according to standardized recipes and instructions to meet production kitchen departure times
- Follows proper handling, preparation, and holding guidelines; assists in maintaining foods in sufficient qualities while minimizing over-production and waste.
- Understand and Follow all Kitchen SOP’s
- Uses established catering production sheets. Responsible for following HACCP procedures and practices
- Able to work in a clean, organized, and efficient manner
- Demonstrate strong communication skills with peers and collaborate with team members
- Assist to meet performance goals set by the Managing Director of Culinary, Executive Chef, Kitchen Supervisor.
- Ensure safe operating procedures of all equipment, utensils and machinery
- Utilize safety training in lifting, carrying, hazardous material control, chemical control, first aid and CPR
- Attend daily briefings and safety meetings
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Additional duties as assigned
- Understanding of all cooking methods
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a high-volume food industry setting
- Previous experience working with knives in culinary environment
- Flexible schedule; willing to work nights and weekends
- Solid organizational skills
- Understanding of prepared retail foods and decomposition
- Proven knowledge of catering and/or commissary operations
- Excellent leadership, organizational and communications skills
- Ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on product consistency
- Ability to communicate as needed with customer’s, superiors, and peers
- Ability to read, write and count to accurately complete all documentation
- Ability to move or handle product and supplies throughout the store
- Capable of lifting up to 50lbs
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the individual is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The individual is required to stand for the majority of their shift and will frequently be required to walk or stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The individual will occasionally be required to sit and climb or balance. The individual must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move over 75 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The performance of this position requires that the individual come into contact with the public and coworkers. Temperatures vary and are typically very warm in the kitchen, ambient in the office area, and cold in the freezer. Lighting varies by location but is typically ambient. The individual will frequently come into contact with tools and utensils necessary to prepare the items made by the Culinary Team, including sharp tools such as knives. Floors may be slippery both in the kitchen and in the hallways.
Due to the nature of our industry, the performance of this position will require the individual to spend time in a facility in which he/she will be exposed, either directly or indirectly, to potential food allergens including (but not limited to): peanuts, gluten, corn, egg, fish, milk, shellfish, soy, tree nut and wheat.
Alimentari is an EOE
11-18 depending on experience
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Di Bruno Bros.
The Italian translation of 'Alimentari' is "a small neighborhood food store or mini supermarket, a neighborhood gathering place, that provides delicious ready-to-eat food and small meals in a grocery shop setting."
Since 1939, we've prided ourselves on bringing amazing food to the city of Philadelphia and drawing food lovers together in our ‘home.’ It is with great joy that we can now explore and enjoy the finest delicacies together at Alimentari.
A seat at Alimentari is a seat at our family table. Here, we slow down, clink a glass, and savor each plate with a passion. Alimentari means "to nourish." Our goal is to nourish the appetite of our guests with a unique, casual dining experience of small plates, cheese & charcuterie, and Pizza alla Roma, and nourish their spirits with seasonally-flavored Aperol spritz, creative cocktails, local beers and exclusive wines. Good food and camaraderie, it's a simple combination that makes a meal that much more delicious. Visit us upstairs at our Rittenhouse location for the full Di Bruno Bros. experience, where you can explore and taste the culinary discoveries we're so excited to share.
Alimentari's menu is crafted from our curated collection of food finds from around the world, most of which you can find just one floor down at our legendary Center City store. You can taste cheeses straight from the farm, encounter new ways to use our in-house staples, sip on your favorite beverage, or have a slice of pizza just like the Romans do. Celebrate the things that make life worth living, good food and good people. Because 'la vita è bella'.