Founded in 1865, this renowned Club is located in scenic Haverford, in close proximity to Philadelphia. The Club’s majestic and stately brick multi-story historic clubhouse overlooks a sea of green known as the "Great Lawn" which hosts year-round sporting activities, including national and international competitive events, as well as social activities. The impressive dining and catering facilities are available to members for banquets, formal dining, casual dining and outdoor dining on the Porch overlooking the Great Lawn. In 2008, the Club completed a multi-million dollar clubhouse renovation that included a complete transformation of all of its dining facilities as well as many additional upgrades. Today, the Club continues to stay relevant in the industry as another major multi-million dollar renovation and expansion is underway to include a social complex complete with a swimming pool. Gross dollar volume is approximately $14 million, including Annual Dues income of $6.5 million, and Food and Beverage revenues of $4.5 million annually.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities:
- Understanding of basic culinary techniques, for example, emulsions, grill/ broil, sauté, fry, steam and blanch.
- Able to manage a standard kitchen station according to the guidelines of The Merion Cricket Club and local board of health.
- Knowledge of safety rules for the kitchen and the kitchen equipment
- Able to work in an environment subject to extreme temperature
- Able to work at the pace necessary to successfully execute outstanding service to the members.
- Able to keep a clean and organized workspace in order to produce orders efficiently and rotate stock appropriately
- Able to communicate positively with all front and back of the house employees
- Able to be flexible with job duties in order to do what is necessary for the club
- To ensure the freshness of the ingredients by tasting, labeling and rotating the stock
- To ensure that foods have been cooked correctly by tasting, smelling, or probing with a thermometer
- Season and cook food items according to the Club guidelines and recipes
- To ensure that cooked food is cooled and stored at the right temperature
- To arrive to work with a positive attitude, appropriately groomed and on time
- The ability to do a repetitive task resulting in a high quality product
- The ability to follow the opening and closing procedures assigned by the management team
- To stand for long periods of time
- To walk up and down stairs repetitively
- To carry 50 or more pounds
- To verbally communicate to others in unsafe times