Violet Los Angeles, a California-French bistro, cooking school and shop opening in Westwood Village, is seeking a Sous Chef.
Our ideal candidate has a passion for all things food and beverage, thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and takes joy in creating memorable guest experiences.
- Work with the executive chef to produce diversified menus in accordance with the restaurant’s policy and vision
- Develop new menu options based on seasonal changes and customer demand.
- Create schedules for kitchen employees and evaluate their performance.
- Produce high quality dishes that follow up the established menu and level up to location’s standards, as well as to clients’ requirements
- Provide support to junior kitchen employees with various tasks including line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating.
- Maintain order and discipline in the kitchen during working hours
- Expedite Service in an efficient and organized manner
- Maintain hygene and safety standards in accordance with the health department and restaurant
- Must maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and cutomers
- Must have patience and maintain a calm demeanor at all times
- Proficient in English or Spanish
- 2+ years of experience as a Sous Chef
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Excellent record of kitchen and staff management
- Accuracy and speed in handling emergency situations and providing solutions
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
- Teamwork Oriented
- Maintains a Good Energy Level
- Thorough and Organized
Company Pays 60% of Health and Dental.
Other jobs you might be interested in
Californian, French, Farm To Table, Fondue, Comfort Food
Upscale Casual, Certification & Training Program, Retailer, Wine Store
Violet® founder | Dana Slatkin:
Dana is a Culinary Institute of America-trained chef, cookbook author, food blogger and cooking class instructor. Since 2003, Dana has taught over 500 cooking classes in her home kitchen. Her years studying in France, working in food production and restaurants, running a cooking school and being part of her family’s hotel business have led her to create a unique gathering place where all are welcome, anyone can learn, and everyone can savor a memorable moment centered around delicious food.
The flavors of Violet® are a blend of California and French comfort fare at its best: fresh, inventive, memorable. Enjoy gougères hot out of the oven, colorful salads and grains, market vegetables made delectable, fondue, seasonal gratins, kosher organic chickens roasted on our rotisserie, steak frites, local fish specials, and – of course –soufflés.