Intersect by Lexus is accepting applications for enthusiastic and experienced Baristas for full-time employment. Our Baristas must have a strong knowledge of specialty coffee, an appreciation for loose leaf tea preparation, as well as a desire to learn more about and develop their craft. We will serve Joe Coffee, a specialty coffee roasting company based in New York City and teas from In Pursuit of Tea. Our barista must thrive in a high volume environment, while working closely with their co-workers in a team oriented atmosphere. The Barista will also prepare menu items, including sandwiches and salads. This position actively embodies, inspires, & elevates USHG’s Family Values of Hospitality, Excellence, Entrepreneurial Spirit and Integrity. We are seeking individuals who have great communication skills, strong work ethic, passion for hospitality, commitment to excellence, who understand the importance of team work. Ability to multi-task and demonstrate athleticism is a must.
Requirements and Skills:
- Familiarity with current trends in the specialty coffee and tea industry, i.e. origin profiles, coffee processing methods, proper espresso extraction, single origin espresso, brew ratios, nitro cold brew
- Must possess passion for coffee and ability to prepare classic espresso beverages (cappuccinos, macchiatos, cortados etc.)
- Must be comfortable dialing in espresso and have the ability to pull great shots consistently
- Must have genuine interest in interacting with guests and creating regulars
- Ability to create latte art is preferred
- Must be comfortable handling credit cards; we are a cash-free establishment
- Derives pleasure from providing hospitality
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Excellent Emotional Self Awareness under pressure while maintaining a graceful, warm presence
- Curious Intelligence to continue learning in the position
- Open availability and a career mentality
Medical/dental/vision, paid time off, matching 401K, access to USHG Learning and Development Training and Enrichment opportunities.
Other jobs you might be interested in
International / Fusion, New American, Asian, Latin American, European, South American, American
Restaurant Group, Upscale Casual, Casual Dining
Part of Union Square Hospitality Group
Intersect by Lexus is a unique, permanent space in select global cities where people can experience the ethos of the Lexus lifestyle without getting behind the steering wheel of one of our cars. Neither a dealership nor a traditional retail space, Intersect by Lexus is a place for guests to be entertained, inspired and educated. In Tokyo, Dubai and now New York, it serves as a creative space where ideas and people converge.
The third of its kind, Intersect by Lexus-NYC lives in the heart of the vibrant Meatpacking District and continues Lexus’ commitment to supporting innovation on a local, national and global level. As a lifestyle hub, the New York location merges innovative programming, culinary creativity and masterful design for an immersive cultural experience that spans across three floors.
This multifaceted business is composed of a fine dining restaurant and café managed by Danny Meyer's Union Square Hospitality Group and features a revolving cast of innovative and emerging global chefs.”