Celestine restaurant opened in October 2017 with the ambition of becoming the best neighborhood restaurant that we can be. We seek to foster and serve our community of diners and employees through our continued commitment to hospitality, clear communication, and care for our work.
Our restaurant is located in Dumbo, just on the water under the Manhattan Bridge (off the F / A / C trains). Executive Chef Garett McMahan and his team have created a menu of seasonal, soulful fare that marries flavors from the Mediterranean, Northern Africa, and the Middle East with a range of techniques gathered from their diverse culinary backgrounds.
We are seeking career-minded and enthusiastic staff to join our kitchen team as a line cook. Ideally, you have experience in professional kitchens with similar paces of service, and you feel confident maintaining a calm and professional demeanor in the busiest moments of service. Responsibilities and expectations include:
- Completing your prep work in a timely fashion
- Executing service with precision, accuracy, and speed
- Maintaining the cleanliness of your station and of the kitchen and prep areas as a whole
- The ability to work in a small, semi-open kitchen
- The capacity to multi-task and plan ahead: anticipating your and your colleagues’ future needs is the dividing line between a nimble service and a chaotic one
- A desire to learn, grow, pitch in, and be part of a team; we sink or swim together
Schedules are to be determined, but will likely include late evening hours and weekends. We are an Equal Opportunities employer. We offer paid time off and health insurance plans, as well as employee discounts at our restaurant and our sister restaurants Grand Army Bar and Rucola.
Paid time off, health insurance plans
Other jobs you might be interested in
Celestine is an Eastern Mediterranean restaurant located on the DUMBO waterfront, just under the Manhattan Bridge. Our kitchen, led by Executive Chef Garett McMahan, serves seasonal, soulful fare that draws inspiration from Northern Africa, the Mediterranean coastline, and the Middle East.
Our wine list, curated by Joe Campanale, focuses on small, coastal Mediterranean producers. Our bar program marries the flavors of the spice route with classic cocktails.