As an expeditor you must be well organized and have excellent communication skills and the ability to be cool under fire in a fast pace setting. The Expeditor will be in constant motion and must have excellent skills in coordinating and organizing process and staff. The goal is to provide fast, friendly, professional and responsive guest service.
• Organize and call food tickets, supervise all food runners ensure all dishes are delivered with accurate presentation and temperature.
• Ensure the efficient flow of orders from the servers to the kitchen
• A thorough understanding and knowledge of all menus, food, food preparation and styles and table side serving techniques.
• The ability to lead and direct runners and bussers in a motivating and professional manner
• A thorough understanding of health and safety rules in a restaurant
• The ability to communicate customer orders clearly
• Perform other kitchen tasks as required
•Minimum 3 years food expeditor experience in fine dining service
•Must have excellent knowledge of dining room and service procedures and functions
•Well-organized and ability to lead and direct people
•Outstanding coordination and multi-tasking abilities
•A guest -oriented approach
•Food handling certification a plus
•Spanish/English bilingual a huge plus
•Open availability; must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays
Other jobs you might be interested in
As world-renowned Chef Enrique Olvera’s first American foray, Cosme, in the Flatiron District, serves contemporary dishes inspired by Mexican cuisine that artfully adapt to using local ingredients.
The menu is designed for shared plates of botanas, and the relaxed atmosphere encourages guests to order spontaneously and let conversations linger. In addition to the main dining room, Cosme also encompasses a bar room, as well as a private dining room for up to 12 guests.
Named after a market in Mexico City where Olvera’s grandfather took him as a child, Cosme evokes a strong sense of place. The restaurant embraces its “New Yorkness” by offering dishes created with a Mexican framework and soul but adapted with local and seasonal ingredients.
Cosme provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.