Cosme, known for it's contemporary Mexican-inspired cuisine, and winner of one of the worlds 50 best restaurants, is seeking an enthusiastic and highly energetic line cook to join it's BOH team.
As a prep cook at Cosme , some of the requirements and responsibilities will be :
• 1-year NYC fine dining experience in a position responsible for preparing and cooking plated food
• Ability to execute and maintain the preparations, recipes, mise en place, and service of any assigned station
• Have a basic knowledge base of classic cooking techniques and ability to demonstrate these techniques including, but not limited to; baking, frying, sautéing, and garde manger.
• Ability to demonstrate proper knife-skills and workspace tidiness in a fast-paced environment
• Stay up to date on menu changes for all Brunch, Lunch, Dinner and Dessert shifts
• Have knowledge of Department of Health (DOH) standards
Here's what we offer our team:
*Flexible scheduling - Full time and Part Time positions , and lunch and dinner shifts available
*Meal discounts - Enjoy meal discounts when dining as a guest with friends and family at a discounted rate
*Paid time off - Offered to support our team in having an active life outside of work
*Health Insurance - Medical, Dental, and Vision Offered to eligible staff
*Transit Check - Eligible employees can use their pre-tax dollars to pay and save on commuting expenses
*Holiday Observance - We know the importance of celebrating holidays with friends and family . We are closed for business on July 4th , Thanksgiving , Christmas Day, and New Years day .
If you're ready to take your restaurant career to the next step, believe that innovation, commitment to excellence and uncompromising quality is critical to success, we would love for you to join our team.
Other jobs you might be interested in
As world-renowned Chef Enrique Olvera’s first American foray, Cosme, in the Flatiron District, serves contemporary dishes inspired by Mexican cuisine that artfully adapt to using local ingredients.
The menu is designed for shared plates of botanas, and the relaxed atmosphere encourages guests to order spontaneously and let conversations linger. In addition to the main dining room, Cosme also encompasses a bar room, as well as a private dining room for up to 12 guests.
Named after a market in Mexico City where Olvera’s grandfather took him as a child, Cosme evokes a strong sense of place. The restaurant embraces its “New Yorkness” by offering dishes created with a Mexican framework and soul but adapted with local and seasonal ingredients.
Cosme provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.