GENERAL MANAGEMENT POSITION WITH FEARLESS RESTAURANTS
What makes White Dog Café special and a great place to work?!
Cuz’ we give a damn!
We are part of Fearless Restaurant Group; a multi-concept group of 11 independent restaurants based in Philadelphia, PA and Long Beach Island, NJ. As a company, we are defined by our talent, teamwork, resources, opportunity and a workplace built on loyalty and respect. We're a creative, ambitious business with an aggressive growth strategy and require like-minded leaders to join us as we move forward.
White Dog Café opened its first location in 1983 under the helm of pioneer and social activist Judy Wicks. For 35 years it has been supporting our local farmers, cheese mongers, fisherman, brewers, artisans and bakers. In 2009, Marty Grims bought White Dog Cafe to continue the legacy, adding culinary inspiration and service commitment.
Since 2009, we have opened an additional 2 concepts in Wayne, PA and Haverford, PA.
We are a group of strong leaders with a profound sense of ownership and pride in all aspects of the restaurant. We are looking for individuals full of intellect, passion, integrity, creativity, and energy driven by an unshakable belief in hospitality as a foundation. We require honest, hardworking professionals that manage and mentor others with respect, empathy and dignity. Candidate should enjoy coaching and managing a team of 50-75 in a high volume setting.
• 5+ years of GENERAL MANAGEMENT restaurant experience in a high volume, excellence driven environment (management experience not required, just a can-do attitude)
• EXTENSIVE P&L knowledge
• Must love interacting with guests and creating raves
• Excellent work ethic and dedication to the hospitality industry
• Must be driven to meet or exceed standards of operational excellence
• Outstanding written and verbal communication acumen
• Restaurant scheduling, inventory and purchasing experience appreciated
• Ability to work full-time
• Conflict resolution
• Special event execution
• Wine, beer and spirit knowledge preferred
• Food Safety Knowledge
• Experience working with POS Systems such as Aloha or Micros
• Staff Education / Motivation
• Recruiting, Scheduling, and Staff Education experience appreciated
- Salary range DOE
- Medical/dental insurance
- Short-term disability insurance available after 30-days service
- 10 days paid vacation (Year 1-3); 15 days (Year 4)
- Employee Dining Benefit Program: 100% comp at ALL locations
- Corporate gym rate at Philadelphia Sports Clubs
- Continual learning and development through LinkedIn Learning
- Career growth! In a small company you have an ability to make an impact quickly! Come grow with us!
Bonus options, Health, Dental, Vision available, 2-weeks paid vacation, Dining Prilviledges @ Fearless Restaurants, 401K with Vanguard
Other jobs you might be interested in
New American, American, Seafood
Part of Fearless Restaurants
The world’s oldest and largest four-masted tall ship offers unsurpassed views and a unique backdrop for intimate to extraordinary dining and celebrations. From the restaurant, to our private dining rooms, and outdoor open-aired and tented decks, enjoy inventive and contemporary presentations of classic American cuisine combined with impeccable service creating a memorable experience.