To serve Food & Beverage to guests in the assigned Place of Work, provide a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service in order to maximize guest satisfaction.
The Bar Waiter/Waitress is responsible for serving beverages in an assigned bar profitably & efficiently, in full compliance with company sanitation standards, and providing an enjoyable environment for Guests. The Bar Waiter/Waitress is to provide and maintain quality service through creative and energetic salesmanship to achieve the maximum revenue for the company.
- Provides courteous, quick, and professional service with a smile at all times suggesting and serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages at various beverage outlets throughout the cruise ship;
- Takes the orders from the guests, relays them to the Bartender and then makes sure that the beverages are served in a proper glassware with a proper garnish;
- Suggests drinks to guests applying up selling and suggestive selling techniques thus increasing beverage products revenue for the company;
- Complies with MSC Cruises standard procedures relating to cleanliness, set-ups, furniture, snacks, menus appropriate room and door signs;
- Ensures all bar tables and chairs are clean before and after Guests arrive and leave;
- Knows all bars, mixed drinks and other bar items specified in the bar list;
- Constantly checks the assigned bar and lounge areas for cleanliness and furniture repairs orReplacements.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (skills, Competencies, Experience)
- Fluent English. Ability to communicate effectively in German;
- High School Graduate;
- Previous experience in a similar position in an International Cruise Company, or in a busy 5-start hotel/resort with an international bar list;
- Proven ability to work under pressure and keep a harmonious and productive team environment;
- Demonstrated understanding and practical knowledge of Food Safety as defined in Company sanitation standards;
- Sound knowledge of electronic cash transacting, and computerised bar systems;
- Demonstrated skills in one-on-one communications with Guests;
- Tactful and diplomatic in crisis and problem handling;
Exp: 1-3 years; The right Waiter/Waitress uplifts the dining experience for customers. We are looking for someone who will have the patience, personality and perseverance to thrive in this role. Ensure that all guests are served to the hotels standard in the Restaurant / Bar / Lounge areas. Display highest standards of hospitality and welcome are demonstrated at all times within all food and beverage areas. Filling in for absent staff as needed Punch the order on the POS machine and make sure to enter the special requirements made by the guest while ordering the food. Eg No Garlic, less spicy etc, Without egg etc. Communicate to the guest and provide assistance with their queries. Co - ordinate with the busperson, kitchen staff, bar staff to ensure smooth operation and guest satisfaction.
We are seeking a Server Waiter Waitress to become an integral part of our team! You will take orders and serve food to patrons at the dining establishment.
- Serve food and beverages to guests
- Explain to guests about menu items
- Clean and prepare the dining areas
- Greet and make all guests feel welcome at the restaurant
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests in a timely fashion
- Perform other restaurant duties as assigned
- Previous experience in customer service, food service, or other related fields
- Ability to build rapport with guests
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Locally owned and operated. Meals are prepared from scratch and freshly made everyday.
Other jobs you might be interested in
Veda, a modern Indian Bistro is the newest addition to the Rittenhouse neighborhood. It is scheduled for opening in December 2016. The interior will feature a Modern Bar and upscale casual dining room. The bar program will feature craft cocktails as well as a finely curated wine list.
Upscale but relaxed atmosphere bringing quality cuisine by Chef Vipul Bhasin.
Located Right around the corner from Rittenhouse Square, Veda invites you to come join us for dinner and unwind.