Founded in Italy in 2007, Eataly is the world’s largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace. At Eataly, you can enjoy a meal at restaurants or quick-service counters, purchase the ingredients, and learn through classes and tastings. Eat Better, Live Better! Eataly is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Terra is our restaurant on the third-floor mezzanine that features a wood fire grill and regional Italian inspired cuisine. The menu will showcase house made pasta, seasonal specials featuring local products and a number of Italian specialty items sourced from our downstairs markets including dry aged meats and the freshest seafoods available.
The Terra Line Cook portions and prepares food items prior to cooking. Sautés, fries or otherwise cooks food on the kitchen line. They experience a multitude of learning opportunities, the chance to start off cooking right on a woodfire grill and more! Reports to the Sous Chef Manager.
- Complies with all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures
- Identifies and selects cuts of meat, poultry, shellfish, game or vegetables used for frying or sautéing
- Plates menu items along with appropriate garnish
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Degree from a post-secondary culinary arts training program is desirable
- Food Handler’s certificate is preferred
- 2 years in a food preparation position
- Open availability preferred
- Must be able to exert well-paced mobility for periods of up to 4 hours in length
- Must have the ability to lift pots, pans, etc. up to 40 pounds in weight
- Must possess finger dexterity to use small tools adeptly
- Good knife skills are essential
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Health Coverage - Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance and Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off, 401K with company match, Commuter Benefits and Plum Benefits
- Free family lunch daily and discounts at Eataly
- Fun staff classes on products and Italian cuisine
Bonus, Vacation, PTO, 401K, Family Meal, Commuter Benefits
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Eataly North America
Eataly is the largest artisanal Italian food and wine marketplace in the world! With various restaurants, our market sells the same quality products used by our chefs: cured meats, cheeses, fruits and vegetables, meat and fish, handmade pasta, pastries, coffee and tea, as well as dried pastas, sauces and olive oil. A cooking school, bookstore, housewares and beauty section makes it even easier to bring Italy home!
As a leader in the food and beverage industries, Eataly offers great benefits, staff discounts and tremendous growth opportunities. We are an energetic and innovative start-up that is rapidly expanding and we are looking for new talent to grow with us!
Eataly offers exciting opportunities that will challenge your abilities, expand your skills and reward your contributions in an atmosphere that encourages both personal and professional growth for all.
Additionally, Eataly offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment designed around the philosophy of mutual respect and the challenge of contributing to the continued success of our organization.