Founded in Italy in 2007, Eataly is the world’s largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace. At Eataly, you can Eat a meal at restaurants or quick-service counters, Shop for the ingredients, and Learn through classes and tastings. Eat Better, Live Better! Eataly is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A Pastry Cook transforms high-quality ingredients into delicious Italian pastries in accordance with Eataly’s recipes. Reports to the Pastry Sous Chef and the Pastry Chef.
- Prepares pastries, tiramisu, cannoli, cookies, croissants, gelato and other Italian desserts
- Follows recipes and complies with portion sizes, quality standards, department rules and procedures, and Department of Health regulations
- Washes and cleans all utensils, preparation equipment and counters required for production
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- 1+ years in a pastry preparation position
- Basic math and measuring skills
- High school diploma or equivalent; degree from a post-secondary culinary arts training program preferred
- Availability to work onsite with a flexible schedule often including evenings and weekends
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours, including standing, walking, bending and squatting
- Ability to use a burning oven, commercial stand mixer and other pastry baking equipment
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance and Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off, 401K with company match, Commuter Benefits and Plum Benefits
- Free staff meal during shift and discounts at Eataly
- Fun staff classes on products and Italian cuisine
Bonus, Vacation, PTO, 401K, Commuter Benefits, Family Meal
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Eataly North America
Eataly is the largest artisanal Italian food and wine marketplace in the world! With various restaurants, our market sells the same quality products used by our chefs: cured meats, cheeses, fruits and vegetables, meat and fish, handmade pasta, pastries, coffee and tea, as well as dried pastas, sauces and olive oil. A cooking school, bookstore, housewares and beauty section makes it even easier to bring Italy home!
As a leader in the food and beverage industries, Eataly offers great benefits, staff discounts and tremendous growth opportunities. We are an energetic and innovative start-up that is rapidly expanding and we are looking for new talent to grow with us!
Eataly offers exciting opportunities that will challenge your abilities, expand your skills and reward your contributions in an atmosphere that encourages both personal and professional growth for all.
Additionally, Eataly offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment designed around the philosophy of mutual respect and the challenge of contributing to the continued success of our organization.